Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna make myself a bbq pit for 93 ford bronco. i dont have a welder, i was just wondering if anyone had ideas for me i got a pit already i just need to think of a good way and place to get the metal for the hitch. i have the spare tire carrier on the back so im thinkin about either a) putting a hinge on the bottom so it can swing and hook to the side. or b) adding a metal extender in it so i can put the tailgate down. i just want to make it so i can put the tailgate down and i repeat since i dont have a welder im just gonna bolt everything together.

any ideas please!

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Do you have any pics of a similar setup?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sry man i dont have any pictures...i guess ill have to just find some scrap metal and rig it up...hopefully ill get the write up going soon

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
bronco&bombs i forgive ya since it is a 85 camaro.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
thats basically what ours is gonna look like. we were gonna rebuild the camaro and race it on dirt tracks, but figured out that we wont have the money to do it and we wont be here long enoght to finish it. plus the seam where the front fenders meet the cab were rusted out bad. we oculdve cut it with a butter knife.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
heh, this is making me want to build a frame for my grill. I have a gas grill that was left here when we moved in. It's only half there, but there's enough to build it onto a frame for a hitch

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
find an old oil tank, lay it on its side and cut it in half, a 275 gallon tank will give you enough grill area to do a few pigs at once. find an old boat trailer, and your all set, mount it together. thats basically what those high dollar ones are

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I broke down, i just went to a welding shop and i am just going to get some guy to weld it for me, i think it will hold much better than some bolts any ways, i am suppose to pick it up on friday, so hopefully i will have some pictures up soon.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
blueoval78 said:
find an old oil tank, lay it on its side and cut it in half

That's probalby not the best thing to do..you would be suprised when you are having to peel your clothes out of your skin from an explosion...I know there are correct ways to do it like fill it with water but even that would make you nervous....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts