Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so the lift (s) are done on the bronco....its really big now. couldnt tell you how big exactly yet....but yea its big! i do not have a step bar so i was looking for an alternative for a month or so...what do yall think about a step ladder that i keep in the back seat or something...would that just be wrong? i can get in it fine but i have a 2 year old who wont be able to do it nor will i be able to get up in the Beast holding Chevi...

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have a neighbor that is like 4 1/2 feet tall and her son had a big lifted F350 (the newer ones) and they hauled a step stool around with them. A plastic one. She would get in and her son would come around...pick it up and away they would go. She would still have to grab the handle and pull herself up into it but it got the job done.

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
I used to bring a step for my wife until she got used to climbing into it. kht428 has webbing for his wife, once she is in she pulls it up.

·
Not a dude
1,547 Posts
armywifey4life said:
ok so the lift (s) are done on the bronco....its really big now. couldnt tell you how big exactly yet....but yea its big! i do not have a step bar so i was looking for an alternative for a month or so...what do yall think about a step ladder that i keep in the back seat or something...would that just be wrong? i can get in it fine but i have a 2 year old who wont be able to do it nor will i be able to get up in the Beast holding Chevi...
How old is Chevi? Couldn't you put her in and then climb in yourself?
The only one of my kids that can get in himself is my 12 year old. I pick up my 6 and my 5 year olds. When my height impared friend rides with us, we bring a bucket so she can get in and out. It's freaking hillarious

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chevi will be 2 at the end of the month. if she were to ride up front with me it would be no problem but here in FL it is against the law. now up on base in NY she can ride up front as long as its not winter. the trick would be putting her up there and chasing her around the inside when i get in there...she likes to climb and my luch she will climb all the way to the back or something...i really dont want to play chase the baby in a bronco *laughs as child climbs lazy boy to reach a picture of her father*

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Install a rope ladder :thumbup

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
just rig the drivers seat like one of those wheel chair van things, on all hydraulics and all. that way you hit a button sit down and it takes you up there and all you have to do is fasten your seat belt

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that would work but that cost money hunny. something that i am trying to save a little for when Corey is home that way he can do what he wants when he wants to do it. i think i will stick with a step stool option for right now. i will get video and show you just how goofy it looks when me and my friend try to get us and 3 toddlers up in the beast. haha

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
armywifey4life said:
Chevi will be 2 at the end of the month. if she were to ride up front with me it would be no problem but here in FL it is against the law. now up on base in NY she can ride up front as long as its not winter. the trick would be putting her up there and chasing her around the inside when i get in there...she likes to climb and my luch she will climb all the way to the back or something...i really dont want to play chase the baby in a bronco *laughs as child climbs lazy boy to reach a picture of her father*
I suggest a blow gun with some type of tranquilizing agent.

I toss my 6 year old up in the seat, tell her "seat belt" and when i go to close the door we do a "hand check" (she raises her hands like she is under arrest so we don't slam Ally's fingers in the truck door.......again). By the time i walk around to get in, she is ready to go.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
hey fellow central florididian, i have two kids, 1 and 3. they both ride in car seats in the back. the 3yo can climb in the car seat herself. i just pick her up and put her in the truck. the bottom of my door is still 6" over her head. she cant climb in the truck by herself.
the boy, 1yo i put in the pass seat. close the door. then i get in, and put him in his seat in the back. its a little bit of a pain, but at least they are both safe in their car seats.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I use a 5 Gallon pail upside down when working on the motor...Its lightweight and serves 80% of its duties to hold tools...Like $2 at an auto parts store....

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GearHead said:
hey fellow central florididian, i have two kids, 1 and 3. they both ride in car seats in the back. the 3yo can climb in the car seat herself. i just pick her up and put her in the truck. the bottom of my door is still 6" over her head. she cant climb in the truck by herself.
the boy, 1yo i put in the pass seat. close the door. then i get in, and put him in his seat in the back. its a little bit of a pain, but at least they are both safe in their car seats.

well hey! ill try the passanger seat idea..let hope it works! she has one of thos car seats where you have to pull it over her head and then strap the bar into place (like a rollercoaster seat) and she hates it half the time :) but she seems to love the truck or at least she did before i lifted it. lets hope she still likes it :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
My grandmother brings a step stool with her anytime I pick her up in the Bronco and I dont even have a lift. What ever works! I offer to take her out in the car but she feels safer in a truck. Hip hip lady...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts