Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Time to get back to work in a responsible manner or die from financial and mental depression. Pick your fucking poison friends. I could die driving my Bronc 100 miles round trip on I-75 towing my skiff to go tarpon fishing. Do I go yes. Do I take precautions yes. If you’re scared tuck yourself away for months on end. **** that. We are meant to work, not wither away. I will not be oppressed by dipstick politicians and so called health experts who have as much common sense as a carrot.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,853 Posts
I agree need to let us (all of us) go back to work. Especially if you know the risks and are ok with it. I'd even be fine to say, not use the health services should I need them, due to my own decisions. For myself its lot like the laws around Helments on motorcycles (here in Indiana is optional if your 21+), or smoking and drinking etc... Or at least it should be.

I have been fortunate enough to be at an esscential place too....

Reactions: BikerPepe`

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,196 Posts
I agree need to let us (all of us) go back to work. Especially if you know the risks and are ok with it. I'd even be fine to say, not use the health services should I need them, due to my own decisions. For myself its lot like the laws around Helments on motorcycles (here in Indiana is optional if your 21+), or smoking and drinking etc... Or at least it should be.

I have been fortunate enough to be at an esscential place too....
Funny. I used the same comparison speaking with my Mom last week. It really is down to informed risk assessment, personal responsibility and constitutional right. WA & ID have followed nearly the same parallel in handling the virus. Washington = Full Helmet Laws and Lockdowns. Idaho = No Helmet Law and Limited Pandemic reaction.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Funny. I used the same comparison speaking with my Mom last week. It really is down to informed risk assessment, personal responsibility and constitutional right. WA & ID have followed nearly the same parallel in handling the virus. Washington = Full Helmet Laws and Lockdowns. Idaho = No Helmet Law and Limited Pandemic reaction.
A perfect example of those who "care" more and want to save you from yourself...... they all think they need to control YOUR and MY life.

·
Premium Member
4,414 Posts
Oh the news politics section; the problem is it's passed in the air. You fart and sneeze and I get corona; but you die and smash your head on the concrete it doesn't affect me. It's also in the air for hours after you sneezed in a place and on the surfaces you touched. It enters through your eyes; ears; nose and mouth.

helmet laws really have nothing to do with it. I'd say smoking indoors is probably the closest example to a normal law. Maybe meth labs in the air would the closest example. Theres something you breath in that can affect your health and slowly kill you.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,853 Posts
I will agree on the smoking one maybe being a closer match... Can only speak from experience there, and also someone with asthma. I still have choosen to go into places where smoking is allowed of my own choice. However knowing I am, at a higher risk of potential issues, I may avoid those places too. I do not feel like they should shut those places down for me though or tell people they cannot smoke.

If everything opened but you had to have a mask (or face covering) on to be in there, that would be acceptable to me, I'd at least try to make an effort to meet them in the middle, if that would open stuff back up... Seems like even the masked and gloved people I see are only half way doing it anyways though, never see them clean their phone, keys, wallet, credit cards, steering wheel, gear shifter, etc.

I like this phrase from Pepe'... Seems sensible Pandemic Reaction makes the most sense now.
Limited Pandemic reaction
For sure I dont have all the answers... I will add that this past weekend I have noticed tons more people out and about anyways as it seems there are more people not caring, or yes maybe stupid. More people on the roads in the AM on my way to work then last week too.

Reactions: BikerPepe`

·
Registered
807 Posts
Oh the news politics section; the problem is it's passed in the air. You fart and sneeze and I get corona; but you die and smash your head on the concrete it doesn't affect me. It's also in the air for hours after you sneezed in a place and on the surfaces you touched. It enters through your eyes; ears; nose and mouth.

helmet laws really have nothing to do with it. I'd say smoking indoors is probably the closest example to a normal law. Maybe meth labs in the air would the closest example. Theres something you breath in that can affect your health and slowly kill you.
For those at high risk with underlying health issues - I get it. But look at this way - for MILLIONS of Americans, they are getting to the point where they have limited choices. Stay at home, maybe qualify for unemployment assistance, burn up savings (if they have it) and do their best to not drown financially as they try to feed their family and keep the lights on. Or go back to work, with the risk they get a virus that they have a @ 95% chance of surviving.

And your comparison is pretty bad actually. If you think that you'll get sick from the Corona virus HOURS after someone sneezes (and it's still in the air) then I don't know what to tell you. I can tell you this - and it's straight from a good friend who works at Ft. Detrick and has a few initials after his name. A household family member getting you sick not withstanding (kissing etc) if you wash your hands routinely and don't touch your eyes, nose or mouth with your bare / dirty hands - the odds of you getting it are beyond small.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts