Started working on her today
Specs=
77 F-150 4x4 with 89 body
351m:barf NO oil pressure, been like that for years:haha
np 435-205,
front dana 44 with 5.13 and GM 8 lug outers,2 broke axles
rear 1 ton eaton welded 5.13 ,disc brakes
19.5x44x16.5s on 16x16.5 wheels longs widened

Wife is ready to get back in to surf fishing.
Poor old beach truck has been neglected
Needs an engine and a GOOD cleaning.
So will start with pulling a "good"351m,to be cleaned,and resealed

Plans are to take family surf fishing next weekend
to do list
R+R engine
fix front axle
new hoses and belts
change all fluids
and a serious cleaning

·
Mud God - R.I.P.
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Very surprised at how clean it was.

Holey shitt at the junk

Time to order parts

·
Mud God - R.I.P.
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dumb??? but will the gas tank from a 87 FSB fit a 77 F-150
I have a nearly new tank I would like to use.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
kudos man, kudos to you.....i know plenty of guys that start and "work" on a lot of projects at once, but you actually make progress with your's.....you're my hero! and "just an engine swap", are you in need of any new friends?

is that an engine hoist on a trailer hitch? if so, that is way cool. where can i get one?

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,252 Posts
I want to go surf fishing that sounds like fun always see someone doing it when I go to Charleston ,SC but never have tried it myself. Up here in India-no-place the surf is terrible.LOL

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,232 Posts
Looks good, probably the only Florida guy who doesn't hillbilly fix his shit, I like that. There's no reason why the tank wouldn't work. There's very little difference in the frames, and I'm sure with some minor bracket fab it would work fine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You have some great rig's Rockford. I used to run the beaches on cape cod all summer camping and surf fishing. I am going to take my bronco and get back to the beach for some striper fishing this summer.

·
Mud God - R.I.P.
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Engine parts should be here wednesday.
Tomorrow I'll get the front axles replaced,and fluids changed.

Last wednesday at the south end was windy and a little chilly

Saw some horse shoe crabs in the surf and set them on the beach so the wife could see

·
Mud God - R.I.P.
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
kudos man, kudos to you.....i know plenty of guys that start and "work" on a lot of projects at once, but you actually make progress with your's.....you're my hero! and "just an engine swap", are you in need of any new friends?

is that an engine hoist on a trailer hitch? if so, that is way cool. where can i get one?
Redneck as hell:hahaI welded a piece of 2x2 tubing on it,to slid in the hitch.Also have two ratchet straps running to the front of the bed.

A 5 ton front is about the limit 1600lbs. barely off the ground till I put Hudson up

·
Mud God - R.I.P.
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Real work starts in the AM

New rule NO loaning of tools
had to buy a new engine stand today :x

What do you know I had an axle :lol:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Where do you fish? My brother and I are always out at nassau sounds, and my grand parents own some ocean property on amelia island.
We've been fishing at nassau sounds the last couple of weeks, but i guess the waters been to cold, we have caught much, but my brother caught a monster red one day.

·
Mud God - R.I.P.
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
South end,Nassau sound just getting back in to it.Wife just got over cancer-chemo
I live at Scott road and First coast HWY

Should be out there at least one day this weekend,around low tide.Stop and say hey,names Buddy

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Redneck as hell:hahaI welded a piece of 2x2 tubing on it,to slid in the hitch.Also have two ratchet straps running to the front of the bed.

A 5 ton front is about the limit 1600lbs. barely off the ground till I put Hudson up
rednecks get it done! i can only imagine how easily you can maneuver with it. great idea anyway.

·
Mud God - R.I.P.
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got a little done,still on schedule

Engine waiting on parts

Newer gas tank,New one I had put in The Black Pearl a few years back

New battery,my bud is sponsored by them :D

Took the bed off to get at the tank,Its a moter home tank and I mounted it from the top :( :x

1 - 20 of 132 Posts