Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First check out my site to see if you like the truck.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mrit1999

Here is my most recent pic of it

This beauty was my first truck but I can no longer keep it. Im gonna miss it, but I have joined the US Army and cannot take it with me. I will never forget it.

EXTERIOR & INTERIOR
Let me start by telling about the exterior. It has one dent in the body, but you can only notice it if your looking for it. It has some scratchs and small rock chips, but the paint is great for a 20y/o truck! All the glass is in good shape. No chips, cracks or nicks.

Now onto the interior. They interior is great! The door panels are a bit faded and the carpet under the drivers feet is worn out(I have BRAND NEW 4pc Floor Mats, that cover the tears).

STEREO
They stereo sounds pretty good. It has a older Jensen CD player. The FM radio part of it does not work, but the rest of it does. The rear speakers are Jensen 6x9's(the pic is outdated, I will updated as soon as I can).

ENGINE/DRIVETRAIN/SUSPENSION/AXLES
The 5.0 is out of an '84 thunderbird. I have partly rebuilt it, all gaskets and seals replaced(NOT BEARINGS, BUT i WILL REPLACE ROD AND MAIN BEARING IF YOU WANT). It has a summit racing cam and new lifters(I dont have the specs, but I was told its about what a '85 GT mustang had). Has new Oil pump, plug wires and many other things. Has a points and condensor distributor, motorcraft carb(not rebuilt). I have most parts needed to finish the swap, but not all. No guarentee's on working parts.

Transmission is a stock C5 with a 164 tooth bellhousing and TC. It will need a aftermarket shifter though, because the stock one will not work with the new bellhousing. The tranny shifted great when the 2.8 engine died. Never slipped or shuttered.

They suspension is completly stock. The steering is tight and precise.
The axles are in great condition too. The rear axle has a limited slip in it! The D28 has manual hubs and they work great.
The brakes work good too. The rotors are a little rusty becasue the truck hasen't moved it a while.
Tires are 225/70 R15 if I remember correctly. They have about 3/16" tread left.

BAD STUFF
DOES NOT COME WITH CB/ANTENNA(was a gift from a friend that I havent seen in a long time) OR GUAGES IN THE PIC BELOW
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/2/web/230000-230999/230562_13_full.jpg
Tailgate does open, but DOES NOT LOCK!
There is a problem with the engine and tranny fitting togeather, but I am trying to fix that problem right now.

I have a carfax check that someone ran for me after I bought the truck, and will sent it to anyone who gives me an e-mail address. I am sure that I have forgot something, but its late so give me a break! :goodfinge
I am asking $1250 OBO which is a good price for a truck in as good shape as this. MAKE A OFFER!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm interested, but, is it going to be driveable? Also where is lynwood?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is not driveable right now.
It needs the radiator(I believe that one from a 91-94 explorer will work)
electric fan (Taurus has 1300cfm)
Needs vacuum lines hooked up.
Needs Y-pipe made, I have relatively new explorer manifolds on the truck now.
Needs a Elec fuel pump installed on frame, I have it, its just not installed.
Thats all I can think of right now, but I will post if I can think of anything else.

I dont think I said it before, but the truck is carbed. Lynnwood is about 15 miles north of Seattle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hmm Boise Idaho...

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I need to get rid of this thing QUICK!!! I being shipped to kentucky in just over a month.

These make great trail vehicles, they have a turning radius of 32.5ft.

The limited slip in the rear axle works great. Its the gear type and works like new.

The truck was towed behind a motorhome by the first owner, So there isn't very many miles on the tranny.

Transmission is a C5, which is pretty much a C4 with a different valve body, bellhousing and Torque converter.

Look at the condition of the interior(besides carpet :toothless I have new floor mats to cover the duct tapt)
I doubt you could find many that nice.

EDIT
Also the bug guard in now damaged. Some dumb**** shot a rifle in the air and when the bullet came down it hit the bug guard and took a 3x5" chunk out of it.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
$750!!!!!!!

Thats the price I spent in just the engine swap! I am losing tons of money already! I just need this thing gone!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts