Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to go topless today.....and.....doorless. About 3 months ago I installed the hinge pin kit. I got new speakers yesterday and relocated them to behind the seats in the walls, that way I have no speaker wires to worry about when taking the doors off, and I still have my tunes. Two days ago, I fabbed up and installed safety bars so no idiots can fall out of the truck (myself included) and they are great arm and leg rests. Last week I fabbed up a pulley system in my garage so I can unbolt the top and hoist it straight up, then drive right out from under it. AMAZING....lol....This thing looks tiny without the top and the doors. And it's on 35's and a 6" lift......On with the pics:

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
-

looks good dude and nice rear fender sawzaw job. Just enought to cut the
rust off..lol...I miss my 86.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Dsmed said:
So I decided to go topless today.....and.....doorless. About 3 months ago I installed the hinge pin kit. I got new speakers yesterday and relocated them to behind the seats in the walls, that way I have no speaker wires to worry about when taking the doors off, and I still have my tunes. Two days ago, I fabbed up and installed safety bars so no idiots can fall out of the truck (myself included) and they are great arm and leg rests. Last week I fabbed up a pulley system in my garage so I can unbolt the top and hoist it straight up, then drive right out from under it. AMAZING....lol....This thing looks tiny without the top and the doors. And it's on 35's and a 6" lift......On with the pics:
One of these days I will get mine lookin as Kick A$$ as yours! I hope anyway, I have a long way to go :duh

Great pictures!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
XDAILY said:
looks good dude and nice rear fender sawzaw job. Just enought to cut the
rust off..lol...I miss my 86.
Thanks, this was the best body style to hack off the rust, as long as it didn't extend beyond the body line. LOL. The fenders are rolled inside also, so they are decently smooth.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
-

Dsmed said:
Thanks, this was the best body style to hack off the rust, as long as it didn't extend beyond the body line. LOL. The fenders are rolled inside also, so they are decently smooth.
yea its like the factory gave you a guide line:thumbup

My 1990 was a little harder to do but it came out OK. I see you left the fronts intact. I should have also because when I cut the front it messed up
the inner wheel well plastic splash guard. Now there is a gap and when I go
wheelin it shoots mud all inside the engine compartment. Guess I should get
some rubber and redo the front inners. :banghead Ill add it to the list:banghead my trucks been down for about 3 months. SAS is done. Gotta
lift the back now.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
XDAILY said:
yea its like the factory gave you a guide line:thumbup

My 1990 was a little harder to do but it came out OK. I see you left the fronts intact. I should have also because when I cut the front it messed up
the inner wheel well plastic splash guard. Now there is a gap and when I go
wheelin it shoots mud all inside the engine compartment. Guess I should get
some rubber and redo the front inners. :banghead Ill add it to the list:banghead my trucks been down for about 3 months. SAS is done. Gotta
lift the back now.
Yeah I left the fronts because they weren't bad yet. When they do get to that point, I'll cut them and figure out a inner lip to keep the mud out.

SAS is next as soon as I find a doner at the junkyard.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
-

Dsmed said:
Yeah I left the fronts because they weren't bad yet. When they do get to that point, I'll cut them and figure out a inner lip to keep the mud out.

SAS is next as soon as I find a doner at the junkyard.
Good luck if you do it. Dont know if it was worth it. I missed a lot of wheelin
and Im kinda pissed at how much time and money it took....and its still not
done. It took a lot of Fab work. If I were to do it again I would have bought
something else to wheel in the meantime. I started wheelin my daily driver
because there wasnt anything else to wheel and Im addicted. F'ed it all up.
There is mud up to the bottom of the gas pedal inside on this one. Friggin
leather interior too....duh:twak

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
Real nice rig...been running around with the top of my bko for about 2 weeks now...just got to make some half doors next.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Very nice. What do ya think of those tires. I was thinking of get the same ones instead of getting another set of the muds.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Emilio said:
Very nice. What do ya think of those tires. I was thinking of get the same ones instead of getting another set of the muds.
For the road, they are great and decently quiet. The handle good on and off road. For the dirt and rocks they are awesome. For the mud, I wish they were better. If it is peanut butter style mud, they load up quickly and then have poor performance. But other than that, they are a good "all around" tire. I wouldn't get them again for my next set though, due to rain and mud issues here in Ohio at my local wheeling spots. If I was in a dryer climate though, I'd speak very highly of them. I give them around a 8 out of 10.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
Good luck if you do it. Dont know if it was worth it (SAS). I missed a lot of wheelin
leather interior too....duh

Money yes. Time yes in preparing all new items, but if spent properly the down time on the vehicle itself is limited to roughly a weekend, plus some time afterward (totally drivable though) tweaking the whole new axle/suspension just put in. definintely worth it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Shadofax said:
Good luck if you do it. Dont know if it was worth it (SAS). I missed a lot of wheelin
leather interior too....duh

Money yes. Time yes in preparing all new items, but if spent properly the down time on the vehicle itself is limited to roughly a weekend, plus some time afterward (totally drivable though) tweaking the whole new axle/suspension just put in. definintely worth it.

Yeah a buddy of mine and I did one on his Yota in the General Chit Chat section. You can see it in the pics I posted. It took us a total of Friday night 4 hours and then Saturday all day. Lots of fabbing, cussing and busted knuckles, but it was back up and wheeling by that Sunday. I know it's not the exact same as the SAS on the Bronco, but it is damn near close. I just gotta find the donor and shitty weather to not worry about wheeling for a few days.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts