Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys - 1st - thank you for all of the great posts and info on this forum. I started this project with a set of wrenches and a hammer in my tool box and I'm picking up skills and tools along the way. Now my shop is pretty well set with plasma cutter, welder, brake and all the pnuematic tools I guy can shake a stick at. So I have the stuff just need time and some ideas. I even have a fabricator down the street hooking me up.

Anyway here's the deal. I pulled out the bed of my 84 FSB and the floor is not even with the quarter panel floor about where the rear seat mount is. I have a new floor all ready to go in but I'm treating the rust etc while the floor etc.

My inclination is to jack up the quarter to get it to line up with the bed and then the floors in the cab will line up. I have to replace the rockers and the outer cab floor too. My hesitation is that I will not be able to close the door if I do that.

Here is a picture.

Here is a link if that pic doesn't work ---

I guess the main question is if I line up that rear section will door co-operate? I have new doors, quarters, tailgate and fenders so I will be able to line it up OK (first timer here).

Should I do the rockers, floor panels first then do the rear bed and leave it crooked? Then I know the door will close and line up.

I know this is a crystal ball type question but I was hoping someone else might have seen this before.

This is not going to be a masterpiece. This is just something fun to do and I know it will be rough. This truck is practice, someday I'll do a restoration and try to do a really good job. This truck was too far gone for that. :rofl:

Thank you - I hope you can help!

Check out the link in my sig for the progress we made since fall.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks Steve - I agree that would be easier I just don't have the room to make the swap.

I've been looking for a tub but the JY around here (WI - IL border) are not flush with these old boys. Actually every one that I have been to says they don't keep anything older that 1990 Craigslist might be my only option.

WOW - just checkout that link you referenced!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

edit - I might be able to do it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts