Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been thinking about using a spray in bed liner to paint the outside of my bronco. Any suggestions or warnings?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
saw this hot jeep the other day at jeepbeach and i think this is a better alternative to bed liner. look up hot rod satin paint

·
Registered
331 Posts
I think Ashisgrey is looking for a durable paint job that can take some abuse... i see rigs all the time with it on, from just the rockers to up to the lower 1/3 of the body... so Id think there wouldnt be any problem doing this, other than cost?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I posted a thread about this a few weeks ago... good info on it. The local shops are looking for 1500-1800 to actually do the truck professionally in rhino or linex... a few guys had some good results with the duplicolor rattle can job. i've got a guy with mine in the shop spraying it now... I definitely don't want it textured... I want the look of the jeep above but with the durability of the bedliner.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
WorldClassSniper did the whole outside of his bronco with Roll-On bedliner. Came out nice.....

·
Registered
180 Posts
done it a few times with the oreillys stuff duplicolor i think. dont expect it to be anything like the linex or other shop done liners.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
theres a couple guys on here who have done their own spray on bedliner paint job. A couple of them came out looking really good. If you get it textured its gonna be a pita to get all the dirt out

·
Registered
31 Posts
What are your thoughts on the Rustoleum Textured Spray Paint??? Do you think this is something I could do the outside of my Bronco with??? Any suggestions on how if so????

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
if you do it make sure you do the prep work right. make sure everything is sanded properly and clean before applying. its awesome or durability but it is hard to get clean. i have my lower rockers done on my bronco did 2 coats its holden up great. i used herculiner roll on liner.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I want to build up something that will take some desert pin striping well.. I have my two rear panel pieces I buil done in the black Textured spray paint. After this weekend on my Quail hunt, the truck is loaded with small scratches (desert pinstripping) but the panels held up well with no scratches.. This made me start to think about doing the whole truck in it, but a desert sand type of color. It's one of those things that if I do it and it doesn't work, I will need to get the rig painted, but if it does work, and looks half way decent, than I will have something different and durable... I'm waying the options right now.. either that or I am scared to start the prep and do it... Maybe one panel at a time and see how it turns out...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts