Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While doing body work on the bronco today I found fungus growing in the carpet! It was gross, but anyways the carpet is trash, mostly because I don't have a rear window. I have a couple things I would like your guys opinions on.
-I am thinking of using the roll-on bedliner that walmart sells(dupont IIRC) Anyone use it? How does it hold up?
-I am planning on doing thing just to protect the truck from rusting, Eventually I'm gonna put carpet back in it, but that won't be for awhile. Could this raise any problems(installing carpet over the bedliner)?
-My main thing is price right now. Im broke, is hurculiner or anything compairable in price or quality? The stuff at walmart is $40 a gallon.
-How much is needed to cover the floor only and about 2" up on the sides?

I did a search and didn't come up with any real useful info. I know there is a post about this somewhere, but couldn't find it.

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
A quick~SEARCH~ revealed this.

If you do it, post some pics of the project. I know I'd be interested in seeing how it turns out. :thumbup

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Mrit said:
I did a search and didn't come up with any real useful info. I know there is a post about this somewhere, but couldn't find it.
The search function is experiencing technical difficulties I think if you use advanced search your results are better...:shrug

·
shibby
4,826 Posts
Do not use the Duplicolor brand! It's very thin and peels off easily. I have used Herculiner black for the interior front, Durabak brick red for the interior rear, and Durabak yellow for the complete exterior. Herculiner and Durabak are very similar but Herculiner is available locally and a lot of times cheaper whereas you'd have to order Durabak for more money but it's available in different colors. Also, Durabak is slightly more rubbery than Herculiner and I prefer Herculiner over Durabak if you don't mind having only black as the color.

Rear interior-
http://ylobronc.users.superford.org/body/interior/finished_middle.jpg

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
herculiner can be found on sale for 69 bucks a gallon. otherwise menards has it for 79 regular price. yes, the walmart stuff is junk. dont waste the money. i put a quart down of the herculiner on my tailgate and rear cab along with door sills. way more than enough.

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
I used the walmart crap on my trucks bed and then sprayed it on my floors in the cab but then put the rubber "carpet" over it. It is very thin and i put a couple of coats on the bed with the gallon can. I think prep i skey because i took my whole bed down to bare metal, then cleaned the whole bed with alchohol (sp?) and paint thinner. mine has adhered great except where a couple pieces of I-beam rode around in the bed for a few weeks.... :toothless

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the same threads when I did the search, but none of them answer the questions I had.

Looks like I will be going with the Hurculiner. Thanks Alot!

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Ive looked at Beerman's superford where he did his truck and it looks nice. He inspired me to want to hurculine my interior. Im sure he could awnser any durability questions you have.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,834 Posts
So you guys actually like the herculiner?
ive seen a few random 4x4s herculined, and the surface seems very rough to the touch, almost like sandpaper. Im assuming it is supposed to be that way?

I opted for rhino-lining, and love it. Ill probably get all future vehicles i own rhino-lined as well. Its strong as hell, its no-slip, apparently oil resistant, and has a texture similar to rubber. Well, i guess technically it is rubber.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,574 Posts
I hear the newest stuff that really kicks ass is TURBOLINER.
I'm doing a website for a local distributor right now.

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
herculiner is real hard. it will scratch you if your not careful.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
4xPepe` said:
I hear the newest stuff that really kicks ass is TURBOLINER.
I'm doing a website for a local distributor right now.
When it's up and going , shoot us a link Pepster! :thumbup

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
I did mine, and you can view it in my sf page by clicking my auto sig.
It was to easy, and it is holding up nice.

Funny thing about mine, is on the rear bed I had the floor "Dyna-matted" when I had the carpet in there.
I didnt want to tear out the Dyna-mat so I just hercu-lined over the top of it.

If you do it in the summer with plenty of heat, it dries quick, and stays on strong.

The only "Knick" in the herculiner I have had was when I drug my D44HD axle out. The axle is pretty heavy and when I dragged it across the herculiner it took out about a 1 inch chunk where it sits on teh dyna mat.
I feel that if it was just on sheetmetal it wouldnt have come off, but even in my case it is a 5 minute fix, I just filled the hole with more herculiner. DONE.

I highly recommend it. It does increase road noise, but if you go to autozone and buy about 10 cans of undercoat and apply that really thick to your underbody that will make it quieter than before (When it had carpet).

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,834 Posts
Beerman said:
The only "Knick" in the herculiner I have had was when I drug my D44HD axle out. The axle is pretty heavy and when I dragged it across the herculiner it took out about a 1 inch chunk where it sits on teh dyna mat.
I feel that if it was just on sheetmetal it wouldnt have come off, but even in my case it is a 5 minute fix, I just filled the hole with more herculiner. DONE.

I highly recommend it. It does increase road noise, but if you go to autozone and buy about 10 cans of undercoat and apply that really thick to your underbody that will make it quieter than before (When it had carpet).
I moved a D61, a 14bolt and random other axles, and have yet to cut/knick my rhino-lining :goodfinge
Its also over a 1/4" thick in the rear, so it keeps out alot of road noise. :thumbup

Pepe, im interested in hearin about Turboliner too, so you better post that link! :D

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What Im planning on doing now is lining the truck behind the drivers seat to the tailgate, since thats where all the leaks are. I pulled up some of the carpet today and woohoo no rust!!! Thats a big relief.

Im not too worried about durability, since I won't be dragging axles or other things across it :) As long as it sticks to the sheetmetal Im happy. Now I just need to get some more money.

Thanks Alot!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts