Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4# pack of beef back ribs I want to cook in the oven (yes not the grill this time) anyone know what to cook them at? i'm guessing 325-350 for about 2 hours ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
we cook ours at 325, every 30 minutes we baste with apple juice, the last 30 minutes we open the tin foil and throw on some last minute seasoning of choice.

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Sear the outside in a cast iron skillet first. Then oven roast at 350°, foil wrapped, with choice of seasonings about 20 minutes or less per pound. Make sure to include a liquid like water, bourbon or a marinade. Liquid smoke like "Wrights" is a plus.

Next time, get some real ribs like pork spare ribs!

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
marv said:
Sear the outside in a cast iron skillet first. Then oven roast at 350°, foil wrapped, with choice of seasonings about 20 minutes or less per pound. Make sure to include a liquid like water, bourbon or a marinade. Liquid smoke like "Wrights" is a plus.

cast iron skillet? what the hell is that? :toothless I normally always cook country style pork ribs, I love those, thought i'd try something different

·
crank trigger
8,155 Posts
marv said:

searing them is a good idea, you will be glad you did. doesn't have to be cast iron.

·
Surrounded by Assholes
2,880 Posts
Put in a pot, add a can of honey garlic sauce, and bake at 150 degrees for 8 hours.

But if your in a hurry, do as the Marv said.

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jimsl78 said:
Are those ribs about ready yet?
Cuz me and a few of the others are coming over for dinner! :toothless
if you can get here from ca. in about 40 minutes your welcome for dinner :thumbup

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
Hi Joe,
It's Tina playing on Paul's account. For the ribs take out a roasting pan with a rack. Place the ribs (works for either beef or pork) on the rack so they are not touching the bottom of the pan. Empty one can of beer into the roasting pan. I always end up drinking one can and pouring one can into the pan. You have to make sure the beer is good, don't you? Cover the ribs with seasonings like paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, cayanne pepper, ect Then cover with foil and bake in a 200 degree oven for 4 hours. Take out of the oven and the ribs will be done. At this point you can toss the ribs in the fridge and eat the next day or proceed to slather them in sauce to put under the broiler or on the grill. The sauce that I use is jack daniels store bought doctored with honey, and hot sauce and a splash of vinegar. If I don't have any honey,then I'll use maple syrup. Yummy! Not hot enough to burn, just enough to tickle. Don't forget the side dishes, like slaw, corn, and lots of cold beer. Oh, and napkins, lots and lots of napkins.

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Cooking with beer?

Use non-alcoholic beer. Better flavor and the alcohol cooks away anyhow. That's what I use when I deep fry catfish in beer batter. Even use it with battered pork fritters, onion rings and other vegies.

I keep a couple of six-packs of Busch N/A around just for cooking.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would throw em into a big aluminum pan (disposable). And fill it with a mixture of dark rum, cheap beer, thin consistancy bbq sauce (Tom's or Blue Front), garlic lots of garlic, salt, papper, and some chopped habenero (sp?)peppers. Cook it covered at 275-300 for 3-4 hours, then throw em on the grill for a few minutes at the end and slap a thick BBQ sauce on em. Keep them on the hot grill just long enough to carmalize all the sugars from the booze and sauces, 5-7 minutes tops. Bones should fall out when you move em from pan to grill to plate.

Dammit now I'm hungry....:banghead

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PaulT said:
Oh, and napkins, lots and lots of napkins.

mmmmmm thanks tina, sounds good, i will have to try some of these next time, tonight i just ended up throwing them on a pan with some garlic, fresh pepper, salt, sugar and painting them with some sweet baby rays bbq sauce, i will be better prepared next time :thumbup

might have to get me one of those iron skillets that marv speaks of :toothless

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
marv said:
Cooking with beer?

I keep a couple of six-packs of Busch N/A around just for cooking.
I keep a six pack of Mich lite around just for the cook :toothless

·
0 Posts
I smoke ribs for about 4 hours. With a lid temperature of about 230-240 for the first 3 hours then bump it up to 270-ish for the final hour.

The weber smokey mountain smoker or the big green egg is the tool of the BBQ gods.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
dsotmoon said:
might have to get me one of those iron skillets that marv speaks of :toothless
Joe, a word of warniing? If you get a cast iron skillet, YOU GOTTA SEASON IT FIRST....also, don't put in diswasher, but clean properly......

1 - 20 of 43 Posts