Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
93 Bronco, 5.0 4:56 35's 5.5 superflex with fox 2.0
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been 8 years since I’ve owned a bronco… finally came back to the family! Recently purchased 93 bronco with 5.0, rebuilt engine, rebuilt trans, new axles, new driveshafts, 4:56 gears, sag PS and redhead box, 3in lift and 33’s

she’s got some rust and the interior was pretty rough. But I’ve been having fun building this into a dream rig.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So far I have done new carpet/sound mat, all the missing interior trim pieces, new window seals, new body mounts/hardware, undercoated frame, custom diy exhaust… new wheels being powder coated right now and 35” bfg mud terrains… also ordered bronco graveyard’s 5.5” super flex deaver spring lift and pairing with fox 2.0 shocks. Waiting on BG back ordered lift to come in stock/arrive

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Premium Member
1994 Bronco XLT 5.0, E4OD, 31x10.5R15 BF Goodrich A/T on OEM Rims, Rust Resto w/Custom Suspension
287 Posts
So far I have done new carpet/sound mat, all the missing interior trim pieces, new window seals, new body mounts/hardware, undercoated frame, custom diy exhaust… new wheels being powder coated right now and 35” bfg mud terrains… also ordered bronco graveyard’s 5.5” super flex deaver spring lift and pairing with fox 2.0 shocks. Waiting on BG back ordered lift to come in stock/arrive
I'm getting ready to put in new carpet and sound mat as well. Where did you source yours?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm getting ready to put in new carpet and sound mat as well. Where did you source yours?
the carpet came from Bronco Graveyard… and the mat was Amazon

Really happy with both! Super quiet inside the truck now. The carpet was a little difficult to install and doesn’t fit 100% like factory but it looks really good and high quality. Have plenty of sharp razor blades on hand! Haha

·
Registered
1990 EB, 5.0
623 Posts
Where did you source the hardware to replace the body mounts? Not the energy suspension bushings, but the steel pieces that everyone says you have to cut out and weld back together. I've been meaning to replace my body mounts but can't find those pieces. Plus I can't weld..

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hot damn. That’s 100% my old bronco that I sold in 2020. Glad to see its getting some love and back on the road.

Reactions: thedeuce01

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where did you source the hardware to replace the body mounts? Not the energy suspension bushings, but the steel pieces that everyone says you have to cut out and weld back together. I've been meaning to replace my body mounts but can't find those pieces. Plus I can't weld..
Found them on eBay… very high quality! A little pricy but worth it!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hot damn. That’s 100% my old bronco that I sold in 2020. Glad to see its getting some love and back on the road.
Dude are you serious?! I have soo many questions!!! Hahahaha!!!

What gears are in the front/rear and is there any kind of locker/limited slip?

when was the engine rebuilt? (Or even was it?) seller I bought it from says it’s been stamped by ford for rebuild

did you do any of the power steering work or was that the seller I bought it from?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Dude are you serious?! I have soo many questions!!! Hahahaha!!!

What gears are in the front/rear and is there any kind of locker/limited slip?

when was the engine rebuilt? (Or even was it?) seller I bought it from says it’s been stamped by ford for rebuild

did you do any of the power steering work or was that the seller I bought it from?
So I have a couple questions myself. When did you end up buying it cause I believe the name written on the trans pan is the guy I sold it to and did you have any trouble getting it registered?

As far as with that was done to the truck, 4.56s front and rear, True Trac in the rear and, the engine was an ATK reman, I swapped in the redhead and the Sag pump.

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8l
57 Posts
I’m about to do matting, new carpet, and body mounts also. What did you use to undercoat the bottom? Mine has some pretty heavy rust but nothing has gotten super deep into the metal yet. I’d like to get that done soon also.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I have a couple questions myself. When did you end up buying it cause I believe the name written on the trans pan is the guy I sold it to and did you have any trouble getting it registered?

As far as with that was done to the truck, 4.56s front and rear, True Trac in the rear and, the engine was an ATK reman, I swapped in the redhead and the Sag pump.
yes I bought it from Enrique Right after Christmas… no issues with registering he had a clear title. Was there something I didn’t know? Haha!

was there any modified work done to the engine? She runs super strong and feels amazing with the 4:56 gears. Just can’t drive fast than 55-60mph with the 33’s …

is the trutrac ford factory or something different? I lifted the rear end and spun one tire and the other tire rotated the opposite direction so I thought it didn’t have limited slip back there?

A/c doesn’t work although it has new lines. Compressor cycles but acts like it’s low on Freon? Also it appears there have been some bulbs removed from the dash cause check engine, ABS and 4x4 lights don’t ever come on.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
681 Posts
yes I bought it from Enrique Right after Christmas… no issues with registering he had a clear title. Was there something I didn’t know? Haha!

was there any modified work done to the engine? She runs super strong and feels amazing with the 4:56 gears. Just can’t drive fast than 55-60mph with the 33’s …

is the trutrac ford factory or something different? I lifted the rear end and spun one tire and the other tire rotated the opposite direction so I thought it didn’t have limited slip back there?

A/c doesn’t work although it has new lines. Compressor cycles but acts like it’s low on Freon? Also it appears there have been some bulbs removed from the dash cause check engine, ABS and 4x4 lights don’t ever come on.
There wasn’t any major issues with registration, just for some reason a year after he bought it, the DMV still recognized me as the owner and kept sending me the property tax bill. I didn’t get that sorted out till last summer or early fall.

The engine was stock when I sold, it was an ATK reman that i had put in at around 180-185k miles, I think. As far as the 4.56s with 33s, I knew it would suffer a little on the highway but I only drove 3.5 miles to work every day so I was okay with 2000-2100rpms at 60mph. Up until the transmission went out the day before Thanksgiving in 2017, my long term plans were either SAS or 6” extended radius arm lift with all new lift springs and 35s, plus a 351 swap, so I went ahead with 4.56s and 33s for the time being.

There’s definitely a TrueTrac in the rear end. I actually put it to good use pulling stumps at house, and with one tire on the driveway and the other in grass, I ended up marking my driveway and chewing up the grass in parallel lines. I can’t think of a reason why the wheels would turn like there wasn’t a TrueTrac in there. And it’s not like a TT just eventually stops working like a clutch driven LSD.

Im not sure about the bulbs being pulled. I never got into the dash for anything but I know that the check engine light has worked in the past. I don’t think the 4WD light works, but I don’t know if that’s cause it’s a manual trans shifter. It’s possible in the year and half Enrique had it, he might’ve fixed that.

I could never get the AC system to keep a charge. It was a never ending fight with keeping it charged. That’s why there’s all new lines and it was converted to R134A. It was colder than the R12(?) but it still all leaked out and I couldn’t never figure out why.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There wasn’t any major issues with registration, just for some reason a year after he bought it, the DMV still recognized me as the owner and kept sending me the property tax bill. I didn’t get that sorted out till last summer or early fall.

The engine was stock when I sold, it was an ATK reman that i had put in at around 180-185k miles, I think. As far as the 4.56s with 33s, I knew it would suffer a little on the highway but I only drove 3.5 miles to work every day so I was okay with 2000-2100rpms at 60mph. Up until the transmission went out the day before Thanksgiving in 2017, my long term plans were either SAS or 6” extended radius arm lift with all new lift springs and 35s, plus a 351 swap, so I went ahead with 4.56s and 33s for the time being.

There’s definitely a TrueTrac in the rear end. I actually put it to good use pulling stumps at house, and with one tire on the driveway and the other in grass, I ended up marking my driveway and chewing up the grass in parallel lines. I can’t think of a reason why the wheels would turn like there wasn’t a TrueTrac in there. And it’s not like a TT just eventually stops working like a clutch driven LSD.

Im not sure about the bulbs being pulled. I never got into the dash for anything but I know that the check engine light has worked in the past. I don’t think the 4WD light works, but I don’t know if that’s cause it’s a manual trans shifter. It’s possible in the year and half Enrique had it, he might’ve fixed that.

I could never get the AC system to keep a charge. It was a never ending fight with keeping it charged. That’s why there’s all new lines and it was converted to R134A. It was colder than the R12(?) but it still all leaked out and I couldn’t never figure out why.
THANK YOU soo much for the info!!! believe it or not the truck only has 192k miles on it right now (looks like you sold it 2 years ago with 191k miles) when Enrique bought it he put a used/rebuilt transmission in it with upgraded internals and a shift kit and only put 500 miles on it after that before selling to me.

i have a cool video of me doing a doughnut in the snow this weekend and both tires were spinning equally so i was hopeful that there was a locker of some sort in there!

that sucks about the A/C... was hoping it would be a simple fix but it sounds like i may have to do some work on that haha

the interior is all put back together now and a new sound system will be installed this weekend. eventually some racing seats and steering wheel will go in there and a roll cage. the 5.5" superflex lift with extended radius arms and fox 2.0 shocks will be happening as soon as they come back in stock (was told early feb)

new wheels are being powder coated as we speak and should be done soon (paired with 35" tires)

I am also going to have all the new suspension parts powder coated as well and am replacing pretty much EVERYTHING in the front and rear suspension wise.

after all that i plan on tackling the body work and paint haha

the goal is for it to be a BA trail rig and something that i can pass down to my daughter one day.

·
Registered
681 Posts
THANK YOU soo much for the info!!! believe it or not the truck only has 192k miles on it right now (looks like you sold it 2 years ago with 191k miles) when Enrique bought it he put a used/rebuilt transmission in it with upgraded internals and a shift kit and only put 500 miles on it after that before selling to me.

i have a cool video of me doing a doughnut in the snow this weekend and both tires were spinning equally so i was hopeful that there was a locker of some sort in there!

that sucks about the A/C... was hoping it would be a simple fix but it sounds like i may have to do some work on that haha

the interior is all put back together now and a new sound system will be installed this weekend. eventually some racing seats and steering wheel will go in there and a roll cage. the 5.5" superflex lift with extended radius arms and fox 2.0 shocks will be happening as soon as they come back in stock (was told early feb)

new wheels are being powder coated as we speak and should be done soon (paired with 35" tires)

I am also going to have all the new suspension parts powder coated as well and am replacing pretty much EVERYTHING in the front and rear suspension wise.

after all that i plan on tackling the body work and paint haha

the goal is for it to be a BA trail rig and something that i can pass down to my daughter one day.
Not a problem. Feel free to ask me anything about and I’ll be helpful as I can. Like I said, I’m glad to see someone has it and is putting in the work to get it up to the condition that it deserves. I’ll be honest, had I not inherited my F150, I’d have never sold the bronco. Funny how the universe works, sometimes. Inherit F150, sell bronco, bronco disappears for 2 years just for me to see it again on here lol keep up the good/hard work

Reactions: inlovewithsurfin

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got the stereo, amp/sub and all new speakers installed today… crutchfield always makes this stuff soo easy with the pre-wired harnesses! Sound quality is much better and way louder now! And this little amp/sub combo kicks pretty hard! Not exactly sure where I’m going to mount the amp/sub… it was supposed to fit under the drivers seat but it doesn’t.

Attachments

·
Registered
'94 Bronco EB 4x4, 5.8L, E4OD, rusty fuel tank, electrical ghosts
52 Posts
Got the stereo, amp/sub and all new speakers installed today… crutchfield always makes this stuff soo easy with the pre-wired harnesses! Sound quality is much better and way louder now! And this little amp/sub combo kicks pretty hard! Not exactly sure where I’m going to mount the amp/sub… it was supposed to fit under the drivers seat but it doesn’t.
Nice man I love crutchfield, can't beat the service and convenience. I bought a 15" JL and a few JL speakers for the doors and rear. Built a bandpass box for it and its definitely on the louder side to say the least. Nice head unit too, I went with a Jensen just like that. Makes it feel like its a little RV TV how it sits out like that.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice man I love crutchfield, can't beat the service and convenience. I bought a 15" JL and a few JL speakers for the doors and rear. Built a bandpass box for it and its definitely on the louder side to say the least. Nice head unit too, I went with a Jensen just like that. Makes it feel like its a little RV TV how it sits out like that.

ive been happy with Boss stereos lately... i am running a similar one in my super duty and it has been good to me. i will admit this is a little big and flashy for the bronco but i figured why the heck not?! haha

1 - 20 of 72 Posts