Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Project Re-Build & Finish
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of new faces around here and alot of missing sheet metal since I last posted. I thought I'd post a few pics of the new shop in the works. The doors are on backorder and the trim needs to be installed.

I need to wire it, plumb some air, install the woodburning stove, workbenches etc.

I'm going to rebuild some of the Bronco and looking for a zuki to build for my son. He just got his permit and I have 1 year till he gets his license to build it. He really wants the Bronco but I think it's a little big for a first ride.

I've kinda missed you guys. :cry

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
What part of colorado are you from?

Truck looks sweet man.

·
Wanna see my
4,448 Posts
Hey welcome back. Shop looks good btw. Id cage the Zuk if i were you, just for the safety and the less stress on the mind when he wheels it.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
nice shop man. I wish i had one of those in that nice of shape.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Putting new auto opener on the wife's side and an 8 foot on mine. :beer
Nice!

I say let the kid get a Bronco if you think he'll be a good driver and you're hoping to protect him from other driver's.

My first was a F150 w/ a small lift. My dad's opinion was that more vehicle around me meant I was safer. He wasn't thrilled about giving me V8 power, but liked that the lift kept me up above the average car.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Good lookin garage.

I say give him the Bronco. Mines my 1st truck and I couldn't feel safer and it aint too big and they drive good. He'll get used to it fast.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Would you recommend the Morgan folks? Do they use 26 or 29 ga metal for the roof/walls?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Get the kid a Bronco!!!!!!!! How would ya like it if someone made you drive a Zuki , yuck!!! LOL

·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Would you recommend the Morgan folks? Do they use 26 or 29 ga metal for the roof/walls?
I can't remember the guage on the siding but its hefty enough to walk on the roof. It will be real strong after I insulate and sheath the inside and add the storage loft in the back.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
i love the new shop! but a couple questions.. is the price still reasonable with the high price of metal? and what made you go with the dual doors versus 1 long one?

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,869 Posts
Welcome back CB! :beer

Pimpin' lil' shop you got goin' there. Hows that thing for insulating?
Good luck with the young'un! :thumbup

·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i love the new shop! but a couple questions.. is the price still reasonable with the high price of metal? and what made you go with the dual doors versus 1 long one?
Just got off the phone with Morgan. The guys will be back next week to install the new 16x9 electric roll-up door. Now the truck can drive in with all the tires aired up. :rockon :beer

What's up Pepe', I plan on screwing on some 1x4's to give me something to screw the osb sheathing to and a gap to run wiring and air lines. The corners and door openings all need a little expansion foam to keep the draft out.

It's all 26 guage sheet metal. One important thing for the guys thinking of putting one of these is to check local ordinances before you buy, I had to fight the city for a variance to put mine up (and won of course) and agree to not build another parking or storage building on my property unless I tear the metal building down.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,869 Posts
What's up Pepe', I plan on screwing on some 1x4's to give me something to screw the osb sheathing to and a gap to run wiring and air lines. The corners and door openings all need a little expansion foam to keep the draft out.

It's all 26 guage sheet metal. One important thing for the guys thinking of putting one of these is to check local ordinances before you buy, I had to fight the city for a variance to put mine up (and won of course) and agree to not build another parking or storage building on my property unless I tear the metal building down.
Good info CB, thanks. Sharing some pics when you get around to it... especially around the smoothed corners would be great, if you can. I've been long considering a similar building at some point in the future, rather than building a full blown and more expensive shop once I can afford to get into some property.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Nice shop bud! Glad to see you back:thumbup

I got da hydro assist completed today and plan on runnin' Indy this Spring.

My son will get a V6 Explorer Sport. He will need the mileage of the six but we do plan on some mods- D44 SAS, moderate lift, lockers and 36". It will be a daily driver and wheeler. Man I would hate to get hit in a Zuki.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts