Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a constant beep coming from the back of my truck it sounds like its coming from somewhere by the fuel tank anyone know what that is?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope it was doing it in park when I got out of my truck. It wasnt beep..beep..beep.. It was like beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep that lasted forever lol until i turned my truck off.

·
Registered
710 Posts
sounds like a aftermarket alarm that is messed up. let it beep and climb under there.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,192 Posts
noisy fuel pump?? if (when the truck is parked) you turn the key to the on position, does it "beep" for a couple seconds and stop?
:stupid

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it only makes the noise when the engine is running. I dont think its a alarm beeping noise is not really beeping noise thats the best i could describe it its ennnnnnnnnnnn thing lol i dont even know how to spell the sound. I was thinking it was something to do with the fuel pump ill have to check it out, I have a bad idle when i start my truck when the engines warm it revs up and down and i listened to the noise and it would "rev" with the engine. Not sure if that could be tired together or not. the engine revs up and down warm and even the lights will get dimmer and brighter with the revving

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Sounds like an ex-GF to me. :rofl:

And a current one! :haha

I'd put my money on the fuel pump, since the electrical system seems to be suffering in a correlated manner.

UNLESS...there's a serious electrical system issue we're not aware of (yet), e.g. failing battery, cables, alternator, drive belt, etc.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea I guess you could say more of a whine than a beep. The alternator and battery are fine.

·
Super Moderator
26,323 Posts
yo,
Have someone narrow it down w/a short length of garden hose to use a stethoscope; don't run em over

·
Premium Member
5,370 Posts
Yea I guess you could say more of a whine than a beep. The alternator and battery are fine.
I have had that in all three of my Bronco's, that is just how the fuel pump sounds even off the showroom floor in many of these vehicles. If it bothers you, take up your back carpet about 4 feet from the tailgate back and put some silver Hushmat down, and put your carpet back over it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts