Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...

So, the issue I am having is that, at random times, my E4OD will not "shift into neutral" or "disengage" when I come to a stop. The result is that the truck will try and lurch forward and then will die, unless I put it in neutral first.

If I put it in neutral, I have to rev it up a bit and drop it into gear (ouch) or it will stall. If I put it in park then shift it into gear, it will stall(unless I rev it up). Something is not disengaging.

Once I do the rev and drop, it will sometimes work fine after that for days, sometimes the problem will continue.... Sometimes, if the issue is ocurring when I get home or to work, it will be fine later when I come out and start it...

I think I have narrowed it down to the Solenoid Pack based on some of the info I have found on FSB, and on some of the info I have found on Google. I would also think that if this issue were mechanical, it would be consistent and not random like this, leading me to believe its something electrical.

Fluid and filter were changed about 6 months ago. External filter and cooler installed. New MLPS (was having this problem before and after the MLPS install).

I have pulled codes and passed both KOEO and KOER - 111 on each.

My question is... before I throw down the cash on a new pack, fluid, gasket and put the time in to change it... are there any more suggestions on what I might check as a source of this problem?

We seem to be having a lot of transsmission questions... sorry for yet another!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks guys... now that I read through some of the TPS and IAC threads, I noticed some of the other symptoms noted in those threads are ones that I am having as well (have noticed a bogging feeling and or "dead spot" on cruising speed and shift troubles when on highway as well)... will check out the TPS and IAC this weekend.

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, neither of those were the problem. I think I am gonna have to go with the solenoid pack as the issue next. Did some more research and found that the torque converter clutch solenoid specifically can cause this type of issue. I think I remember that solenoid being part of the pack. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Thanks again...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts