Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my story of being a kid and stuck and dumb all at once. Well if any one knows Columbus GA flatrock is the place to take your trucks and mess around if you just want a little fun. I have made it through everything in Flat rock before so i was like lets go back up there, it has just rained yesterday. Well I go past a "puddle" as i like to call it and turn around to go through it. :doh0715: I went in the shallow end first which sucked because i ended up getting stuck in the deep end. Water rushed in my car its 12 at night, illegal to be up there and all that. So my friend gets my car out. We get my car running and he leaves, my car just dies.:banghead His phone was dead so couldnt call him back. So me and my friend are stuck at a park till 6:30 in the morning in freezing cold. Turns out it was just my starter was wet and it needed to be beat up for being lazy. But this story is to help other teenagers who cars are pretty much stock and are like yea lets go wheel.... Always have something to keep valuables dry , bring a nice set of tool, maybe extra set of clothes, fluids for everything, and if its your daily driver just dont take it through anything that might get you stuck. Other than that i had a great time. :twotu:

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Actually I think the more valuable lesson is to check the water depth first

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i agree on that, i just got done checking everything on my truck, i know transmission is phucked(i got a warrenty though), i get to drive my car like a manual now lol. 1 to 2 to drive to overdrive. Front right tire squeaks so probaly brake related or something. and the interior toook 3 hours to clean and still drying. im just glad cops didnt come up there, its a park where people wheel but its illegal. which i dont understand its just a little fun.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
If it is illegal stay out of it!!

read on alot of the threads around here about illegal wheeling and you will get the idea that most of us will cut your nuts off if we saw it happening!

So STAY THE FUK OUT OF PROPERTY THAT IS NOT YOURS OR YOU HAVE NOT BEEN GIVEN PREMISSION TO DRIVE ON!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i know after i posted my story i started reading others, i just dont understand, its just a bunch of woods with a lake and trials, its got a place where people throw reuinons and stff but thats in the front, all the trails are in the back... i wont wheel there again because i almost got a ticket for
"breakign down" in there.

·
Administrator
22,849 Posts
mullet_boy said:
yea i agree on that, i just got done checking everything on my truck, i know transmission is phucked(i got a warrenty though), i get to drive my car like a manual now lol. 1 to 2 to drive to overdrive. Front right tire squeaks so probaly brake related or something. and the interior toook 3 hours to clean and still drying. im just glad cops didnt come up there, its a park where people wheel but its illegal. which i dont understand its just a little fun.
:twak they probably wont warrantee shit...most manufactures dont cover abuse!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope, its a brand new one not factory, and its a whatever happens happens warrenty if not i could conjore up some b/s and get it covered.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
mullet boy, seriously, if you have a retarded ass story like that where what you were doing was illeagal, dont post it here. you will just be made fun of and people will bash you for itand its not a good first impression. the last guy who posted a story like this, david( fsb admin) threatened to kick him to the curb( see link above) if he did something like that and posted it again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its not a story of bragging its more of a story saying dont do. and if you do be prepared.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
mullet_boy said:
nope, its a brand new one not factory, and its a whatever happens happens warrenty if not i could conjore up some b/s and get it covered.
Hey buddy, let me get this straight... you wheel illegally (knowingly), trash your truck, figure you could just BS your way through the warenty??? Sorry to tell ya buddy but If you take it to a qualified shop, they will be able to tell what you did, and just charge you out your new butt hole everyone is gunna rip you. :lowblow

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the shop is my dads friend. the trans has a warrenty saying no matter what we'll fix it. and so yea i think i can get a new trans and no i wont wheel illegaly anymore after reading the stories

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
So let me get this straight you're posting on the internet about break laws and ripping off a reputable transmission shop

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no accutally im posting about being a kid, were you perfect as a kid, i sure i am not perfect, and i know ive made alot of mistakes, it was a post to make sure others dont do stupid stuff like me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Then don't make one other mistake and take it to the shop to get the tranny fixed and BS your way into getting it replaced, because that is stealing, even if it is your dad's friends shop. Don't make us start calling you a thief.

Brian

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well good news i wont have to b/s, i took off tires cleaned up brakes,and got up under truck and checked fluids and all that just gonna need a new gasket and fluids in power steering, and transmission. last time i wheel at night and in my daily driver. and illegaly. you guys have help teach me a lesson i apperciate it:thumbup

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i mean im not gonna be like oh darn mom said no more riding, im just defintly gonna take alot more care and check stuff out better. make sure if i got stuck in it that i wont get water in my car etc.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts