Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just gotta vent about this site I moderate at. Within the last 4-5 months, there's been an influx of "trolls". Basically just bored kids causing trouble. Several of them have made very disrespectful remarks, they just dirty up the board and alot of our veteran engine gurus have left the forum because of it.

The Admin refuses to perma-ban anybody. He puts them on "probation" for 30 days and then lets them back to cause trouble...again.

Here are his reasons...

Here's why I allow users back on the board:

1. I think you have to do a lot to be permanently banished from any community, and trolling doesn't seem to qualify.

2. They come back anyway, under different email addresses, different IP addresses, and different usernames.

3. I'm trying to promote tolerance and forgiveness, not the 'get-em-up-against-the-wall' mob mentality.

4. I want to spread rodding to teenagers, and (to GENERALIZE), teenagers aren't particularly respectful.

5. We have the Dump, plus edit/delete functionality, so why ban?

Its driving me nuts. These kids add NOTHING to the technical side of the site and only cause the older guys to get pissed off because they go around running their mouths and talking down to the "old guys". The Admin says we just need to stay on top of it and send things to The Dump.

But like earlier...TWO threads got turned into a pissin contest because this kid spouted off at one of the older guys. I was there and I didn't want to edit, or lock and make it like a jail because it was actually a good topic until it got off track. I tried to intervene and told them to cool it and ignore each other....to no avail. Now I feel like the one is purposely picking me out to torment.

I'm just frustrated. I've been on this other forum for awhile and I want it back to the laid back place it was where we could talk about cars, and hotrods and not have to moderate everything 24/7 because of the trolling.

:banghead :banghead

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just don't understand how this forum went to shit like it did. I'm on ALOT of forums daily and I've never seen a problem like this, or an Admin so slack on the trouble makers. Nor have I seen a bunch of guys that have such a hard time using the ignore feature. Bleh.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Sounds like the admin needs to get some nads.

I moderate on another board, and run 2 of my own--and there's no way that crap would fly for more than a day or two--if they come back under another IP or email addy, just ban that too--takes a little work, and maybe that's what he's afraid of?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
it's what the PM function is for ... anybody gets repeatedly out of line , send them a PM stating so......... if they spout off and give you shit, then send the PM to the Admin showing the blatent disrespect .. see if that helps

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I talked to the Admin on the phone lil while ago. I sent him a PM earlier telling him to grow some balls and quit being Nice Guy. Looks like we're gonna get some things taken care of. :thumbup

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,558 Posts
BroncoBabe said:
I sent him a PM earlier telling him to grow some balls and quit being Nice Guy.
hope i'm doing a good job :toothless you might need to set a few of the other ones straight though :twak :toothless

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
dsotmoon said:
hope i'm doing a good job
joe - you are the best damn administrator i have ever seen. :beer

p.s. you can pm me about the payment address...

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dsotmoon said:
hope i'm doing a good job
Joe you do an awesome job. I don't think I could ever tell you that enough. :thumbup

The Admin made alot of the changes I suggested and it looks like things will shappen up. They don't call me the Site Dominatrix over there for nuffin. :brownbag

·
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE
8,921 Posts
well sounds like yoiu are doing the job the way it is suppose to be done . as for the admin there i cant say anmything because i dont know them

·
College User
2,020 Posts
On the topic of admins and mods, are they both paid? You have a min amount of time per day to watch the site?

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,558 Posts
gearrat said:
ya mean i am doing this for free
uh, hmmm, i mean the check is in the mail, yea yea, thats what I meant, go stand by the mailbox gearrat :toothless :chili:

·
Full to Empty 6.5 Seconds
2,579 Posts
Hey im a teenager, atleast I think I am. Does me being 17 make me a teenager? :toothless

I try not to cause trouble on here .....note I said "try" :goodfinge I like cussin and discussin with y'all on here.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,869 Posts
Here's a smilie for you to use over there Mels.
I don't get to use it much around here. :cry

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Agreed I like it alittle on the Bust [email protected]#!S side as long as its in general/everything else.When it comes to the rest of the site it should and is"more" serious.But anyways I think this site is fine,I wouldnt change a thing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts