Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing a 351w swap to my 91. Also doing a SAG swap at the same time. Using the sag pulley(obviously...) and just bought a brand new belt for 351w while i was getting parts together...apparently i need a 1.5" longer one...

what part # should i give napa/ wtf do i tell them i need..

just say i need to return this for one that is 1.5" longer...they are def gonna get confused

let me know what to do

dc

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
I'l give ya the p/n for the belt that I use but I have a 351W with a sag pump, 3G alt and no smog pump. If you don't have the same setup then I guess this won't do you any good. It's a little longer than a 302 belt and a little shorter than a 351 belt(because neither would work).

Dayco- 5060923 costs about $32 at the Zone and about $36 at NAPA.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good idea thanx alot. Im gonna later be doing a 3g swap but dont have the cash now..gonna go to the junkyard today or tommorow to get my sag bracket..

91 e 351w is a good idea never thought of that

thanx alot

dc

EDIT: whoops! accidentally bought a sag pump from an 90 e 250...same thing right?

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
Im doing some stuff, and this thread reminded me I need to replace my 8 year plus old belt. As info, the stock 94 bronco serp belt with a 5.8 is 102" long. AS IS an E150 with same motor AND F350 with the 3G alt. So apparently there is no need to go longer. I may go to a 102.5" belt since im running a sag and 3g, but wont know till I trial fit the stock length belt.

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
DcSkater602 said:
good idea thanx alot. Im gonna later be doing a 3g swap but dont have the cash now..gonna go to the junkyard today or tommorow to get my sag bracket..
If you get one (sag bracket) out of an E-series van with R134a, it will use the small bolts like the Bronco. If you get one from an E-series with R12 it will have the thicker bolts that require you to drill out your bolt jounals on the Bronco compressor.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts
gotta factor in my ford discount as well.

goodyear gatorbacks are supposed to be the shit for the F150s. I always get my discount on parts so I end up with motorcraft. they seem to last anywhere from a 1-1.5years dependig on how many miles I drive it.

I also had to run a longer belt on my bronco with the bronco air pulley and sag pump. you had to force the stock one on so it was hella tight, had to go longer to get a correct fit

1 - 15 of 15 Posts