Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1990 EB, 5.0
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
There is no chirping noise. But I managemed to remove/reinstall the PS pulley. However the belt still doesn't line up. I put it on straight, but as soon as I start the engine the belts moves over one rib on the balancer pulley. I was good enough to drive me the 1.5 hours home. I'm fairly certain I've got the pulley pushed on as far as it will go, so I'm looking for solutions.

Since I did change out the PS pump 2 months ago I'm wondering if there could be a bolt somewhere that isn't as tight as it should be? That's the only was I can think to move the PS pulley further inward to align the belt.

· Registered
1990 EB, 5.0
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I removed the pulley, unbolted the PS pump and reinstalled. No difference. Belt is still one rib off on the harmonic balancer. But it gets on before it leaves and enters the smog pulley. Can’t figure it out.

for now I’ll live with it and carry a back up belt it case it breaks.

· Registered
1,310 Posts
I removed the pulley, unbolted the PS pump and reinstalled. No difference. Belt is still one rib off on the harmonic balancer. But it gets on before it leaves and enters the smog pulley. Can’t figure it out.

for now I’ll live with it and carry a back up belt it case it breaks.
Do you still have the old one? You should compare if theyre the same width/depth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
6,300 Posts
Well crap. Now the power steering pulley cracked and came off on me. Of course the belt went with it. Stranded on the roadside. Got someone coming to pick me up to go to autozone for a puller, pulley and new belt.

Any ideas why this would crack and come apart? Thought I finally had the issue solved.
That doesn't look like the OEM PS pulley. You probably should just swap to a saginaw pump. Cardone makes bad pumps; dont use them. That or try a OEM c2 pump pulley. Junkyard or maybe someone will send you their OEM c2 pump pulley that did the saginaw swap.

That dorman pulley seems like the application is a large amount of vehicles that never had the same pulley from the factory. Dorman Products - 300-003

· Registered
1990 EB, 5.0
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You probably should just swap to a saginaw pump. Cardone makes bad pumps; dont use them.

That dorman pulley seems like the application is a large amount of vehicles that never had the same pulley from the factory. Dorman Products - 300-003
I'm starting to look at saginaw swap threads now. It is just confounding to me that I can't solve this problem. If the pulley would just go on another 1/4 inch all would be well, but I can't even force it. Plus I don't want to force it since that probably led to the last pulley cracking and flying off.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.