Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
‘91 FSB Custom 4x4. 5.8L 351w. 4-speed auto w/ OD. Electronic TC. Mostly stock
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to put in a split bench seat in the front as well as replacing the rear bench with one that has shoulder belts into my 1991 FSB. Does anybody know the options available that fit? I assume most front row bench seats from F series extended cab trucks would fit, but unsure the year range. Any ideas???
I’ve also seen the write up about using a Chevy/GMC 3rd row seat to use for my rear. Does anybody know the year range and/or models of these GM seats that work with minimal modifications?
Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Got to the Noobie forum and click on Baba Looie's favorite links. It'll tell you everything you need to know about swapping in a seat. It should also link to some rear benches with the shoulder belts. You'll need them built into the seats though because there is no mounting point on the fiberglass shell for 1989.

In general any seat from a Ford truck between 80-96 will fit the bracket. If you look underneath your truck you can see the seating brackets and holes. I swapped in a bench seat with a 50/50 split from a 1987 Ford Lariat into my 1989 Bronco. Plenty of benches in the JY, but not that many with a split just depends on how much you access the rear seat. I find that F250 and 350 seat generally have them due to the larger cabs

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,269 Posts
Yo Chinlund6,
Welcome!
Front, Installation info; "...On my 90' bronco I put in a bench seat and found that the body nuts for bench seat were on the floor pan already all that need done is drill thru. I used the stock seat for a 93 ford extended cab truck because it has a split back allowing easy egress to and from the truck..."
Source: by zeh0085

"the 40/20/40 seats from an f150/f250/f350 will bolt right in. just be sure to grab the seat belts as the center jump seat belts are integrated into the driver/passenger belts" by kemicalburns (Travis L) at

In same thread, 86bronco302 replied "Yep I did the same thing and it works great"
In same tread, donnor replied, "F-Series seats should fit in your Bronco. Do bear in mind, though, that there were different bolt patterns for the various seat types. Usually, the floor pan has captive nuts already in place for either of the two patterns. Remove the rubber plugs from the previously unused nuts. And, I would suggest you be prepared to chase the threads with a tap in order to clean them of any rust that may have developed"
In same thread, by kemicalburns (Travis L) added, F-Series 40/20/40; "...the bolt patterns are the same for all F series/broncos up to 96. u can run the 40/20/40, the bench seat or the regular captains chairs in the bronco..."

Front, Installation (04 Dodge Pick Up 40/20/40) in an 88
Source: by BUSTERBRONCO at FSB. Pics! But slow to load.
View attachment 174626
View attachment 174628 View attachment 174624
Factory provides mounting points for bench seat or captain's chairs.

Here is the 1990 F Series/Bronco Pre-Delivery Shop & Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (EVTM), Partial by member Kingfish999 in Google Drive (similar to your 91) @ 1990 Ford Truck service manuals - Google Drive
Slow scrolling for my slow Comcast Highest Cost Blast Internet..
Suggest you download the docs for faster scrolling and to use the page index.

1991 Bronco Dealer Brochure by Ford via via Dezo's Garage @

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdf via member BroncMom

For any questions, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie section. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories that requires 50 non-padded posts to participate due to scammers who preyed on our members.

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How to Use Search and more tips!

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)including, "how do I get the tailgate glass to...", etc

Try to find time to participate and vote in our current Full-Size of the Month Contest & later in the year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing.
Prizes are awarded to Winner; a full spread in Bronco Driver Magazine is the top prize, in addition to a years subscription, once the article is submitted; and a years worth of premium FSB membership!

Al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts