Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so here's the story, back when I was in fla I worked at a body shop with my dad and my boss gave me a almost new rear stainless panel for the back of my bronco, it had the red reflector and as now I found out that the red reflector stopped in 91-92 ish? Anyway I hated the bright red especially up against my smoked out taillights, so we take the reflector out and smoke it out and some how or another the backing of the reflector broke, we tried to save it as much as we can but ended up with a little bow in the middle. Been running it for 5+ years and it's always bugged me. The other day I was prowling on eBay and saw a ad for new oem door jamb scuff pads and decided to contact him and buy them, low and behold he also had a brand new oem black reflective strip with ford logo that goes on the stainless panel, he removed it off of a brand new rear panel assy. And still had the factory protective shrink wrap on the face of the lens. So scored it for 40 bucks!!! Man right place at the right time.

So my concern is I am not re melting the plastic tabs but what would be the best adhesive to use? Any suggestions or thoughts?
I was thinking of using 3m double sided tape that stuff is tough.

Also one other thing I'm not sure of but the factory black reflective strip is correct for a 95 right? Everything after 91-92 had the black strip including bronco and f-150?

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
E6000
Red '87-91.
Smoke '92-97.
The F-series strip says "FORD" on the right; the Bronco strip has a blue oval on the left.
Thanks Steve, are the stainless panel from 87-91 the same as 92-97 on the Broncos?
The panel I got had the red strip but the smoke will fit it right?

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks again aw no stainless :( they should be for the price, one guy has a nos oem one on eBay for about 500 lol

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I thought that too but 40 bucks for a new unused smoked lens with ford emblem, can't pass that up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts