Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new air compressor. 60 gallon'ish single phase.

Any recommendations under the $600 range?

Homedepot has a 60 gallon husky right now for $450 range but he reviews are mixed and a $700 puma that has really good reviews.

It will be for light mixed use from painting to air impact to airing up the kids bike tires.

Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
I've had the Home Depot, upright, 60 gallon Husky for a few years now and I've got no complaints and no problems. I don't use it as much as I'd like to... but it gets used, for sure. Price was good and she's been holding up well.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I've had the Home Depot, upright, 60 gallon Husky for a few years now and I've got no complaints and no problems. I don't use it as much as I'd like to... but it gets used, for sure. Price was good and she's been holding up well.
Yea that was the one I was looking at.

I have a dewalt portable smallish tank. It is crap. Replaced the manifold twice finally gave up
bought a regulator and made my own manifold but it still is only good for running Nailers.

I see Broncos
What about looking at something used? I see good used equipment used on CL all of the time.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
What about looking at something used? I see good used equipment used on CL all of the time.
I am going to search there also. But if I find a used one for 300 and can get a new one for 450 wth a warranty that makes more sense.

Registered
Just don't buy anything made by Steve83, they have a bad habit of turning into a WMD.

I see Broncos
I am going to search there also. But if I find a used one for 300 and can get a new one for 450 wth a warranty that makes more sense.

All I have to say my 30+ year old Craftsman compressor has been 99% trouble free over the last 8 or so years I've had it. The only trouble I have ever had with it was a little corrosion in the motor that was making it hard-start. Likely that was caused by one of my previous room mates that kept kicking it out of the garage so it would sit in the weather. Total cost so far: $50.

I did all for the Nookie
I have been pretty happy with the Porter Cable we bought 15 years ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts