Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Back in Action
6,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where do you guys go to for air fare?

im looking to go out to either montana (missoula) or Wyoming(laramie) from Hartford CT.

im going out to look at colleges, need cheap prices:thumbup

·
Registered
797 Posts
where do you guys go to for air fare?

im looking to go out to either montana (missoula) or Wyoming(laramie) from Hartford CT.

im going out to look at colleges, need cheap prices:thumbup
Good luck on missoula dad did quite a bit of medical sales out there, and flying from Portland to Missoula was terribly expensive

Have you tried southwest (not sure if they fly out there or not)

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
expedia, or other web site based search engines

·
Try it now!!
9,119 Posts
Good luck finding Southwest on Travelocity, they restrict their online fares to their site only.

Skybus is a new low cost carrier that has rock bottom fares. I think they sell 10 fares per flight for 10 dollars. They have their planes painted in other companies advertisements. I saw a Nationwide aircraft in Newbergh NY. Keep in mind you'll have to pay to check bags, and pretty much anything else you take for granted at other airlines. Plus there are no jetways and they use airports that have little to 0 existing airline traffic to keep costs down (read: not as convenient in some cities as more popular airports).

But hey, its cheap.

BTW the first people to complain about the quality of customer service on airlines today, are the same ones sitting at their computer with 2 screens open looking for the cheapest fare...you get what you pay for.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
I usually just look on orbitz or expedia find the flights I want, and then go to that airlines website and order them. Usually saves me $5-$10. But recently it has almost always been USAIR. Just seam to be cheap. Also flew southwest from RDU to LAX couple years back. The round trip ran me like $220.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,912 Posts
I usually just look on orbitz or expedia find the flights I want, and then go to that airlines website and order them.
Yeah, that's what I've been doing. Using Expedia, Travelocity and Hotwire to price things and get an idea of what it's looking like, then go to the airline site to check it again. Found out on Delta's site you can put in your dates and then have it check for a date earlier or later to see if something cheaper is leaving before or after your dates. So that worked for finding something cheaper as my dates are kinda flexible.

I'm going to Wyoming in June. But I'm gonna fly into Rapid City, SD and drive across to Cody, Wy.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
i know it isn't the point of this thread, but i wouldn't fly southwest even if they were the cheapest by alot. their stupid policy of not preassigning seats is the most inconvenient, lame idea ever. you have to stand in line in the order you arrive to determine what order you will get on the plane. don't want to stand for 2 hours or so? enjoy that middle row seat next to the lavatory. fawk them.

·
Registered
797 Posts
i know it isn't the point of this thread, but i wouldn't fly southwest even if they were the cheapest by alot. their stupid policy of not preassigning seats is the most inconvenient, lame idea ever. you have to stand in line in the order you arrive to determine what order you will get on the plane. don't want to stand for 2 hours or so? enjoy that middle row seat next to the lavatory. fawk them.

All you have to do is check in anywhere from 24-3 hours before online (takes 30 seconds) and your guarnateed usually a A or B seating area. The new thing they do is instead of standing there is they give you your seating group along with a number so when your seating group is called you look for your number, so there is no standing around.

I love southwest flew it last weekend about 40 people on it had plane to yourself, also no first class=not as bad leg room. Especially when your 6'4

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
why can't they just switch that to when i book my ticket, like everybody else does? what is their aversion to assigning you a seat, instead of giving you a "group" number or letter? it still sucks.

if you are 6'4", you'd love jet blue, ever flown them before? they have the widest seats (every one of them leather) and the most legroom, plus each seat has their own tv. it's like sitting in first class AND the exit row, plus their planes are among the newest, too, and their flight staff is really very curteous.

sorry for the hijack. :thumbup

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I was last on a southwest flight once. Out of seats because there was a guy to big to fit in a single seat and I was not sitting next to him. They offered me 150 to wait for the next flight. I laughed. I asked for 400 (flight cost 325). They found someone else for 300. It was comical.

·
Registered
797 Posts
why can't they just switch that to when i book my ticket, like everybody else does? what is their aversion to assigning you a seat, instead of giving you a "group" number or letter? it still sucks.

if you are 6'4", you'd love jet blue, ever flown them before? they have the widest seats (every one of them leather) and the most legroom, plus each seat has their own tv. it's like sitting in first class AND the exit row, plus their planes are among the newest, too, and their flight staff is really very curteous.

sorry for the hijack. :thumbup
I heard great things about Jet Blue, but very limited on times to fly home to Portland. I would fly it, but Southwest has nice convenince on time.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Also look at major cities then renting a car a driving to you final spot. Had to price a flight for my boss... Colo Sprgs to Milwaukee $2400 RT... Denver to Chi 184 RT.

·
Try it now!!
9,119 Posts
What you describe is not conducive to the 15 minute turns that Southwest's business model is built on.

Yea it sucks, but it gets people on board and seated quicker, the aircraft are utilized more, and costs go down.

You get what you pay for...not in individual circumstances, but like I said...everyone bitches about customer service, legroom, airline food, etc...yet they have 2 computers actively searching 10 websites to save a penny. The fact is people vote with their dollars, and they are voting for the cheapest, shittiest airlines out there.

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
I usually fly Delta or US Air when flying domestic and when I am paying I use expedia or orbitz to book my flights. For European flights, I only fly KLM.

If my travel is on business, we have a travel agent....then I don't have to care how much it costs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts