Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, I'm not asking: what tires are going to fit my bronco? are ATs good for the mud? or anything like that... I was just curious what tire you guys think gives the best "bang-for-the-buck." Highway, off-road, rocks, sand, whatever. What tire would you recommend to anybody?

(did a search, nothing really stood out)

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
youre gonna get alot of votes for the MT/R, and rightly so.

I guess if you specified a size (or general size), that would help too. Some tires arent available in certain sizes, and others do better at different sizes.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
MT/Rs all the way. everyone i know who is running them will never go to another tire, including me.

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
i dont like the ssr's the reg tsl radials seem to be better.

and my friend had mudkings, spend the extra money for the bfg's if you want that tread pattern. they will last alot longer.

·
College User
2,023 Posts
The procrap ats have a 50,000 mile guarantee, that is good for an all surface tire. Buckshot maxiss mudders also last a long time on pavement and are ok offroad.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Ground hawgs are for me :thumbup :brownbag

·
Registered
604 Posts
MT/Rs get my vote.

·
Full to Empty 6.5 Seconds
2,579 Posts
I go with the wal mart super sports. You can get 40k easy from them. And its a bitch to get stuck with them once you get some tire spin.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
78Bronco4x4 said:
I go with the wal mart super sports. You can get 40k easy from them. And its a bitch to get stuck with them once you get some tire spin.
you must not wheel very hard, my friend has those on his chebbie, and he got stuck in the first mudhole, he now runs mt/rs and loves them, much better performance

wes

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,358 Posts
I've pretty much stick with the BFG's and been really happy with them, good all around tire, not great in mud but not the worst, decent sidewall and they wear like steel.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts