Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am looking to buy bigger tires for my 1988 Bronco would 33‘s on a 20 inch rim work? If not what would be the best tires with minimal to no rub... (all terrain)

·
Registered
946 Posts
There is an entire thread about tire size/lift options for various years.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
26,956 Posts
Yo lj,
Welcome!
As rpeters549 mentioned, Tire - Lift Guide, Bronco; BEST INFO!
Source: by John R (azrockrat, GEARRAT, christine)

Here's the 1988 Bronco Dealer Brochure, part 1 by Ford via member sneal @ 1988 Bronco Dealer Brochure part 1... site upgrade rules...
1988 Bronco Dealer Brochure, part 2 by Ford via member sneal @ 1988 Bronco Dealer Brochure part 2... site upgrade rules...

Register with VIN to see most Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to participate due to scammers who preyed on our members).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How To Upload Images To Posts, How to Use Search and more tips!

➡ See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) including, "how do I get the tailgate glass to...", etc.

Find time to Participate and VOTE in our current Full-Size of the Month (soon to change to Quarter) Contest and CURRENT Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You'll get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!

Al

·
Registered
327 Posts
In general, without a lift, the max you can use is 33x12.5 on the original 15 inch rims. They'll rub a little bit on the radius arms at full lock, but won't do any damage. If you increase the rim size to 20 inches I have no idea what the limits would be.

·
Registered
16 Posts
In general, without a lift, the max you can use is 33x12.5 on the original 15 inch rims. They'll rub a little bit on the radius arms at full lock, but won't do any damage. If you increase the rim size to 20 inches I have no idea what the limits would be.
Im running 34.5x12.5 on 17" wheels. Are there aftermarket radius arms that would fit a stock suspension and not rub?

·
Registered
‘90 EB Full Custom build -Mega Truck Bogger
686 Posts
It’s not just about tire size and rim size.....back spacing really matters too don’t forget that.

·
Registered
‘90 EB Full Custom build -Mega Truck Bogger
686 Posts
am looking to buy bigger tires for my 1988 Bronco would 33‘s on a 20 inch rim work? If not what would be the best tires with minimal to no rub... (all terrain)
....and welcome to FSB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts