Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Man of endless projects
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
broke my distributor tonight. took the cap off and found a magnet thing broken and the shell cracked. i wanna get it replaced ASAP but wut is a good dizzy for a 96? not sure if the OBD-II affects anything. dont really want to but a 300$ dizzy when i can get a good one for half the price

·
Registered
172 Posts
factory is prob the best. Might try advance or autozone for a rebuilt stock one. They usually run about 120 bucks.

·
Man of endless projects
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all they had was a remaned Motorcraft for like 140. works fine with me. now i gotta figuer out how to time it better. cant even see the pointer yet alone get a timnig light in there to change it.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'm no timing expert by any means but dont you turn the harmonic balancer with a ratchet until you can see the pointer?:scratchhe

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
:stupid

Just turn the balancer until you see the timing marks. Put a little white out on them and it will make it easier to time. Find TDC on cylinder #1 and then stab the dizzy in with the rotor pointing to #1 on the distributor cap. You'll have it stabbed in correctly and then it is a matter of fine tuning it.

·
Man of endless projects
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya ive done timnig a few times on other trucks. its jsut the fact i cant even see the pointer. the waterpump and smog pump are in the line of sight. i put white out on the edge of the pointer and put timing tape on the balancer a few months ago after doing the 6liter tuneup and had the problem of not able to line it up to do it. i got it good enougn where the thing runs pretty good and bumped the timeing to where it doesnt ping but its all guestimation of the actually timing. im guessing its at almost 25* if i had to guess but it works great. ill take it to a mechanic and have him try and find a way to fo it. i dont wanna take my smog pump off jsut to time this thing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts