Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 full size bronco with a 351 5.8 L. I was wondering what would be the best exhaust kit for it. I want to keep everything legal because i've already had some trouble when i got it inspected. Now i have a cherry bomb glasspack, but i want a lot more power. Thanks.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Depends what you're doing and how well you want to protect it. It also depends if you like the smell of exhaust or if you dont like having your back window open

·
Call an amberlamps!
1,349 Posts
I have a 94 full size bronco with a 351 5.8 L. I was wondering what would be the best exhaust kit for it. I want to keep everything legal because i've already had some trouble when i got it inspected. Now i have a cherry bomb glasspack, but i want a lot more power. Thanks.
:repost:

Use search, there have been tons of threads on exhaust... whats good and whats not.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. . .i was thinking of a simple flowmaster kit or something. . .i just want the most rumble for my money. . . and legal. haha

·
Registered
777 Posts
Oh yea, buy the flowmaster kit. :crazy

Not like searching will show you a bunch of threads that will help you save a ton of money. :deal

Make sure you buy a cat back for at least $500. :thumbup

Any less would be a good deal. :doh0715:

:popc1: :shrug :slap

I'll go take my meds now

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First off, i've searched and couldn't find anything other than shit that won't work because, Two, i live in north carolina where you have to have a cat, well two, muffler, and it has to come past the rear axle. so thats why i need a kit with the best price and sound.

·
Registered
777 Posts

·
Roll Tide!
2,689 Posts
it really depends on what state your in on whats legal or not. i live in alabama and down here you seen alot of straight dual pipes on trucks and such. before i did my exhaust i had it straight piped with a cherry bomb clamped on and man that was badass.

if you want more power and a good, deep rumble i would say a 3" single and a Thunderbolt muffler. ive got a cat-back with a single in/dual out Thunderbolt muffler and ive def seen a power increase and ive got a good loud rumble.

honestly the best that i can tell you is to just search around and shop and see what you like the best. good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
welcome to the site. What you must understand is that these guys have been around for a long time and dont want to see the same thing posted 100000 times. Search is very useful. Read the sticky about advanced searching. You can find anything you need. And as far as the flowmaster kit, you can build something alot better IMO for half the cost if not less. Search for Bassani exhaust. good luck with the build

·
Registered
83 Posts
Seem like it would take less time to answer the question then to search and post old links!

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Seem like it would take less time to answer the question then to search and post old links!
Showing results 1 to 20 of 7577
Search took 40.09 seconds. Search: Key Word(s): exhaust

Looks like you could have found 7577 answers if you had searched and it would have taken 40 seconds on slow shitty internet :goodfinge

·
Registered
65 Posts
Gibson...

Over the weekend I helped a friend put a Gibson aluminum exhaust on his '06 Expedition, and the system was high quality and easy to install. I think he found the best price at autoanything.com.

He was hoping it would be louder than it is, but I think it sounds good without being too loud.

I have a custom y-pipe with high flow cat and glass pack (3" single pipe), and it is pretty loud. I needed to upgrade my stereo system to be able to listen to music on the highway.

Don't worry about being slammed for not searching on this forum. Pretty much every new post has 5 or 10 replies with nothing more than "search the board you moron" type of reply. In reality, pretty much everything has been covered at one time or another, but searching does not always make things clear. It would be easier if the people that already know everything would just not read any of the new posts.

Scott

·
Registered
73 Posts
check out s1120's thread on his homemade Y pipe and sixlitre did almost the same, i got that together and noticed a diff in power/sound and mileage, and i still have a stock muff:toothless, like stated above eveyone has heard this sort of thread 100000 times and it just get old..don't mind us were a rough crowd...good luck with the build:goodfinge

1 - 20 of 44 Posts