Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Man of endless projects
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone find a speaker that actualy fits into the doors for our trucks properly AND has great quality? i know there suppose to be 6.5" but almost non of them will fit in either of my trucks and the ones with tweeters built it dont fit usuauly also. i dont like hacking up my door. i htink right now i have JVC speakers in and they kinda fit but they keep blowing up after a few weeks and never sounded that good to begn with. i want some good quality, good fit, speakers

·
umm...idk
359 Posts
I just put these kickers in my doors link They sound amazing with the kicker 6'sx8's that I put in the back. They work and sound well with the fosgate subs that I have. I had to turn the speakers at a little angle to get the holes to match up. I think they have mountings holes for 6.5 and 6. I ended up using 6.5 top holes and 6 for the bottom holes. The mouthing holes form the stock speakers seamed to be a little weird to me haha. Other then lining up the speaker holes they installed great and sound amazing. Plus if you want to add an amp to these latter down the road you can.

·
Man of endless projects
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds good. might have to ask for these for xmas. i never understoof y ford put such an odd size in these doors. my 88 i had to cut new holes and on my 96 i decided to jsut find a set that fits but now i want something that sounds good. my Pioneers in the back are workin fine but i would like some good quality 6x8s too. i got a Fosgate amp gonig to all 4 speekers and another amp going to my 2 Kicker 12". anyone else find some good speakers thats work?

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
The PO of my '94 put in some kind of speakers with a built in tweeter (sorry, I don't remember the brand). They didn't fit for beans (too big) and the PO just got some long sheet metal screws and sort of got them attached to the door.
When I replaced the door panels, I reattached the speakers.
I made 3 spacers about 5/8" long from a piece of plastic tubing, centered the speaker in the opening, drilled new mounting holes, and put the sheet metal screws through the speaker frame, through the plastic tubing (used as a spacer to move the speaker out away from the inner door panel), and to the inner door panel. The speaker frames no longer rub on the inner door panel, and sound pretty good. Worked for me.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I ended up putting a pair of 6 1/2" Pioneers up front and some 6x8 Pioneers in the back. Fits great, sounds amazing, 'nuff said.

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
6.5" Infinity Kappas. Sound great, only one or two of the holes didn't line up and had to be drilled into the door. But i had no problem with them fitting into the door opening.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts