Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Bronco, 351W, E4OD, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50x15 Patagonia MTs. 94 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/1356/3.50 gears.
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here experemented with repainting? I want an oem color match with high quality.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I had my 94 Oxford White Bronco repainted. I believe they used AkzoNobel Sikkens. My impression is that there are formulas that shops follow to get the right blend for any particular color. I'm also under the impression that paint color can vary, however slightly, from shop to shop or even batch to batch. I'm sure someone on this Forum is infinitely more familiar with auto paint than I am.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,377 Posts
Akzo Nobel Sikkens is about the best. PPG is good too.

Auto paint is tinted by weight with accuracy based solely on human interaction. Its not like my house paint tinter with hard stop increments down to 1/16th of 1/32nd of a fluid ounce. Therefore, yes, color can vary by store and by whomever mixed it. Gun tip size, pressure, temp, humidity, etc can all influence color.

·
Registered
1987 Ford Bronco XLT, I6, 5 Speed manual(M5R2),EFI Intake\Exhaust,Thrush Welded Muffler 2.5" Exhaust
130 Posts
I've used TCP Global automotive paint with good results. They can also match paint codes.

Reactions: twofortyz

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Any good auto paint supply shop should be able to mix up the paint you want. They literally look up the paint code, and their supplier (PPG, etc) gives them a recipe to mix the base coat. With proper prep work I've had good luck with just about every base coat brand out there from cheap to pricey. Me personally I'd spend my money on the best quality clear coat. That's what protects the paint and what gives it its shine.

·
Registered
9,976 Posts
Don't count on oxford white being the right color for your truck. Mine has that paint code and to my knowledge was never repainted but Oxford white (at least the rattle can) doesn't match. Performance white matches better and rustoleum is perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.