Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its that time again, gotta replace the sending unit on my 96. what units are the best? i may replace the pump while i'm at it or cut in the patch panel i have sitting around and do the pump later.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,810 Posts
I see no reasn to change the whole assembly. The pump can be replaced seperately from it, as can the sending unit, so unless your plastic shroud & fuel lines are damaged, id just swap new parts onto yours.

·
Super Moderator
26,972 Posts
yo,
Ford Motorcraft
See diagram below
Item Part Number Description
1 Fuel Delivery Module (Part of 9H307)
2 In-Tank Venturi Filter (Part of 9H307)
3 9A299 Resistor Assembly
4 High-Pressure Pump (Part of 9H307)

Fuel Tank Sending Unit

With the sending unit float arm in the empty stop position, resistance should be 15 ohms (below E). With the sending unit float arm in the full stop position, resistance should be 160 ohms (above F). The fuel gauge should read empty at 22.5 ohms and full at 145 ohms.

fuel indicating system components are functioning properly and inaccurate indications continue, check the fuel tank for damage which may have changed the fuel tank sending unit mounting angle and/or damaged the fuel tank sending unit. Make sure the fuel delivery module (FDM) is the correct model for the vehicle and that the FDM is not contacting the bottom of the fuel tank. Also inspect the vent hoses for kinks or obstructions.

usually buy Genuine Motorcraft parts at Amazon Ford dealers; they are VG at delvy
Search for motorcraft 9A299 bronco

examples
1996 FORD BRONCO 5.0L V8 : Fuel/Air : Fuel Tank Sending Unit MOTORCRAFT Part # PS22 {#F0PF9A299DA, FOTZ9A299DB} $127.79
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raf...NCO+5.8L+V8+Fuel%2FAir+Fuel+Tank+Sending+Unit

same for 1996 : FORD : BRONCO : 5.8L V8 : Fuel/Air : Fuel Tank Sending Unit Price MOTORCRAFT Part # PS22 More Info {#F0PF9A299DA, FOTZ9A299DB}

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i wounder who makes the one from the graveyard? being its half the price as the motorcraft parts

·
Super Moderator
26,972 Posts
yo C,
AMAZON @ http://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-PS22-Fuel-Tank-Sender/dp/B000IYLYL2
This product fits your 1996 Ford Bronco
Trim: XLT
Engine: 5.8L V8 Gas OHV Distributor-Breakerless Naturally Aspirated EFI Electronic FI MFI

=====
Call Jeff's graveyard and ask how the mfgr is.
Some aftermarket mfgrs are;

Airtex® , but w/pump

Flotamex has "Intran" brand

tanks-to-pans.com - gas tanks, Airtex® fuel level sending units, & oil pans

GL!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts