Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm thru my firewall and now am getting ready to make the connection at the battery.......runnin 4ga with mega fuse.....should i go right to the battery or is it better to put it on the starter solenoid? on the solenoid is easier and cleaner. it just doesnt wanna go on the battery easy with the factory battery cable. im going to re-wire the whole caboodle eventually when i do my dual battery set-up, just not ready and have to work with the factory junk.

while i was in there today was cleanin all the battery connections and junk and one of the posts on the solenoid just kinda.....fell off. i was pissed and had to take my friends shop truck down to the parts house. ten bucks and 30 mins later she was startin again.

·
Registered
237 Posts
wire it straight to the battery thats where i have my 12's wired to and thats where everyone i know wires theirs. if you can put in a second nob to adjust the amp output manual not with the volume this will allow you to have the most bump without having distortion

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Wired mine straight to the battery as well.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
mines installed on the battery but the battery is in the floor of the back seat right next to the sub and amp :toothless

·
Registered
196 Posts
striaght to the battery, i put new terminals on too, with new battery wires as well. did it all in one shot. don't use the clamp battery terminals either, i used the open ends and soldered them in there.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BigBronco070 said:
striaght to the battery, i put new terminals on too, with new battery wires as well. did it all in one shot. don't use the clamp battery terminals either, i used the open ends and soldered them in there.
can you post some pics o' that? and where did you buy the stuff?

·
Garage kept
1,186 Posts
Straight to battery as well.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Straight to the battery both ground and juice. Doing that will keep your head lights from bumping too.

·
I see Broncos
6,010 Posts
Mine is from the battery to a distribution box then goes into the cab down the driver side to the box where I have a 1 Farad cap. My audio is run down the passenger side to the box to seprate the audio and the power. Ground is run to the body. 1000W amp and dual subs running at 2 ohms. No drop in voltage that I can see and I still have the expandability to add a 4 way amp and crossover.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts