Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy new shocks for an 84' stock vechicle. Can anyone suggest a quality brand?

Yes, I did search and seen some people recommend Bilstein. I just don't know much about the brand, and don't know if they make them for stock applications.

·
Registered
463 Posts
im getting Rancho RS5000s to go with my Rancho 4" lift when i get it. if you got the money, i hear the RS9000s are very good. very.

oh & welcome to the site.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
For a stock truck, any gas charged shock will be just fine... Bilsteins are some of the best

snibb... I dunno man, 5000s ride worse than a chevy. I've removed the front pair of my front quad shocks, and that helped some. Then, the RR shock blew apart, and that actually helped even more. I don't know how set you are, on those 5000s, but I love my skyjacker nitros

·
Registered
776 Posts
i got skyjacker nitros also, they are great, ive never heard any thing but bad new from 5000 owners, unless you like that semi type ride, or if you are trying to remove teeth

·
Registered
463 Posts
glad i brought it up. are there any other shocks out there around the 5000s price beside skyjacker?

·
Registered
117 Posts
shocks

:shrug if you intend to keep it stock i like the sensitracks(sp) on my truck and made a big difference. If you are not sure just get a new set of cheapo shocks, it will still make a difference.

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,221 Posts
I had a set of the Pro Comp ES9000's on my 84 Bronco for about a year before the lift went on. They were firmer than factory shocks and not as harsh as RS5000's. They cost $37 from Summit Racing. THe previous shocks were Monroe Magnums, and I broke every one within the first year. I have Skyjacker Nitro's now, since they came with the lift kit. They're fine, too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts