Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this ammo can

and i need a good way to secure it. I would like to secure it standing up like that but if there is no other way i guess i could lay it down. I would just like to secure it like that because i like it standing up like that taking up less space and also i had it standing up the other day and stoped at a light. When the light turned green i hit the gas not especialy hard and it fell down but at the time i thought i snapped an axle or something serious and almost had a heart attack :mad: so any ideas would be great. thanks. :thumbup

edit: also i will be getting an identical one to go in the back on the other side behind the seat there

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,829 Posts
:stupid

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i was thinking of that but i wasnt sure if bolts are strong enough to keep it upright. also any suggested bolts/sizes for this?

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,829 Posts
Use some 1 1/2 inch half inch bolts with fine threads and locking washers and that can won't go anywhere.

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,982 Posts
Might wanna try bolting it a plate and then useing something like "hood pins" to hold them down. That way you can remove them to get at the tools easier and carry larger cargo w/o them getting in the way.....Just a thought------Fog

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
If you don't feel like drilling holes..... I have 2 of those in mine, and I just use a really thick bungee cord. Hook it to the latch for the seat, then go through both handles, and then hook to the hinge point where the pins go. It holds mine just fine. By the way, those things make great beer coolers!

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
I used 4, 1/4 x 20 bolts for my ammo can, under the hood. Just bolt the sucker down, there's no reason to make it any more difficult than it has to be

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,829 Posts
Crazed said:
:shocked

1 1/2? thats a big ass bolt.
He said he wanted something strong enough...

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Earth Magnets

Done

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
you could always use wingnuts and that would make it easier to take out. if you had 2 next to eachother, making the base bigger overall, i dont think they would fall over. i like that box/frame that BigMikeC has, thats sweet. i hesitate to drill anymore holes than needed and my truck is stripped bare. you got carpet. possibly something that you can lock down under the seat when its down and slide out when its flipped forward? AXE

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
use it as a center console... thats what im doing. then im taking a smaller can bolting it sideways to the back of the can for the backseat occupants drinks. and im putting a small can on the floor between my 6AL and my shifter for drinks for the front!

But a seriously do you want it removable or not??

Angle brackets you get that they make for wood. 4 of those and sheet metal screws should hold it.

Or eye rings and bungee cords for removable one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts