Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
the windshield that I had in the mustang I used to own. It was Lexan
so whod you you get it from? did you install yourself? how much? I really want to know more about doing this but havent found a whole hell of alot on the internet. I also read that there is a treatment or film or something that you can apply that makes it damn near scratch proof. ever heard of that or is it BS?

·
Registered
71 Posts
so whod you you get it from? did you install yourself? how much? I really want to know more about doing this but havent found a whole hell of alot on the internet. I also read that there is a treatment or film or something that you can apply that makes it damn near scratch proof. ever heard of that or is it BS?

For a Fox mustang
http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/site.htm

I haven't found a site that makes then for a BKO yet. Does anybody have a website?

Dang this thread is insanely old:shocked. I need to start looking at dates before I post:doh0715:.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Tempered glass can not be cut, ever. Not even with a water jet.
Lami. can be cut by scoring both sides with a glass cutter and than using either a razor blade to cut the sandwiched plastic layer or using a propane torch to heat up the plastic enough to melt it. Too much heat will create bubbles in the plastic layer that look like crap.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I made my own bits for drilling, and grinding glass, tempered and not, but as far as cutting, you would have the best luck taking it to a glass shop and having them either make you new glass, or work your old glass down. if you want to try grinding your own glass you will need to get a diamond wheel for a high speed rotory tool and use low pressure and plenty of coolant (water will work), you do not want to heat the glass up or apply to much force when grinding it out/down.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.