Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
being fairly new to the world of broncos i thought i would look for some insite from you guys/girls with more experiance. so that said whats the best thing you've bought, or done to your bronco, and whats the worst?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Another site you might check is www.projectbronco.com As far as what is good or bad is an individual thing. Are you building for rocks,mud, or as a daily driver? There aren't many bad things to do to these. Even if you just leave it stock.

·
ladies enjoy his
4,280 Posts
i've only had ming for a month but it had alot of stuff installed already

so far i've put:

flowmaster super 40 muffler w/ dual rear exits - love the sound and the look... but w/ the back window rolled down you get a burst of smelly hot air sometimes b/c the pipes exit right vbehind the bumper

eclipse CD player - if you still have stock and you like to listen to any kind of music and get decent sound you have to upgrade the CD player

sony 12'' xplode subs w/ 600 watt amp -i dont listen to rap...but they make a huge difference...they take the strain off producing bass on you speakers and they hit sounds normal speakers never dreamed of hitting deffinatly a plus

the previous owner put:

K&N air filter...can tell you what it has done...but it hasnt done anything bad to me

2'' body lift...not so great, squeaks alot and the front is lower than the back (going to be replaced w/ a 4'' suspension lift)

tinted windows - cool look....hard to see at night

xenon lights - cool looks nothing else

husky floor matts - definate + saves your floors from stains

rims and procomp tires - looks great...incresed road noise and wear down quicker but alot better looking and great for the mud

im soon to replace my seats and seatbelts, more headlights on the grille guard, 4'' lift, new engine wires (braided steel), safari soft top

·
Registered
231 Posts
Edelbrock performer intake and 4bbl carb, flowmaster 40 series. are the best mod i've done thus far.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Front and rear tow points. Recovery gear

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cnelson said:
Are you building for rocks,mud, or as a daily driver?

good point this going to be a trail rig only driven to, and from trails. unfortunatly i can't afford a trailer, or toe rig at this point. i'd like for it to perform well offroad, and just have some fun with.

i bought it a year ago, and haven't really touched it since. its got a few problems that need to be worked out before i can get it on the road. for some reason the guy i bought it from put a high stall torque converter in it. so i just picked up a stock one from autozone. the floor pans are pretty rough, it has 4" blocks in the back that i want to lose, the calipers are shot, and i need to get the e-brake setup.

on the bright side its got a bunch of cool stuff on it already. edlebrock 4brl, and intake mani, headers, dual flowmasters, dana 60 rear, 6" lift, 35" bfg mtr's, and msd. so it doesn't seem like i'm off to that bad of a start.

thanks for all the responses
:beer

·
Premium Member
4,163 Posts
'78 Bronco Custom
Best mod: 4" lift and Bushwacker cutouts to allow 38.5 TSLs with no rubbing and no body lift.
Second best mod: Superior rear axles and Yukon fron axles
Worst mod: 'Softride' suspension kit...soft riding it ain't!

My 400 rocks too..:thumbup

·
Premium Member
4,163 Posts
sampsin said:
Is that the skyjacker?
Yes..although I bought and installed it about 12-13 years ago, so it might not be the same springs now. I couldn't say, really...I sure hope not.

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
Best mod? Pro-jection, with a close second being superflex springs.

·
Registered
75 Posts
mods

best mod:eldebrock intake and holley carb, headers, new tires 6 lift, and new seat belts.

worst mods:everthing i did while drinking something broke and cost alot of money(yea thats all of em)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Best Mod> Chrome engine dress up, edelbrock valve covers and air filter holdown, chrome alternator, and chrome fender flares those make a change.
Worst Mod> Till now almost nothing just one terrible one. When I got those edelbrok valvecovers when I put the new ones in at the last bolt on the far back almost in the fire wall while tightning the bolt the head it broke jaja whata nightmare but got it fixed by a mechanic, costly repair to get the bolt out without a head!!!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Best Mod: EFI on the 400. With the cam, etc that I have this thing is a rocket. I dunno how fast it is, but this 6000+ lb bronco walks away from Hemi Dodges. Plus it gets decent economy and it no longer sputters going up steep hills! It is an old 400 ford that runs like it was a in a brand new vehicle. No glitches or issues, cold starts are a breeze, etc.

Worst Mod:
1) Kicker speakers. They sound like crap.
2) Every rebuilt part I bought from vatozone. The water pumps leaked, the power steering pump is noisy, the master cylinder failed, the alternator failed many times, etc. I only have the autozone power steering pump left on my Bronco, everything else has been replaced with Napa or Ford parts (which all worked right the first time).
3) EFI on the 400. You don't want to know how much it cost to do. Next time I will just do a pro-jection system and save a few grand.
4) Glass Pack Mufflers. They are obnoxious and raspy, it sounds like an old farm truck

1 - 20 of 22 Posts