Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Moderator and Scrounger Extraordinaire
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
19,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My last set of tires gave up the ghost. So i swapped on a set of these BFG MT KM3s that i have had sitting for about 18 months in my shop.

I did a review / journal type of thing with my last set and figured what the hell, ill do one for these. Odometer reads 166k miles, and is set for 31" tires. These BFGs are 37x12.50x17.

Sun was going down so the pics arent the best...

Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

· Registered
‘95 Bronco XLT 5.0 E4OD, MAF, Pace Setter short tube headers
617 Posts
Good looking truck, Blue. How do you like it? Motor? Auto or manual? Looks like a good “get stuff done” truck

Reactions: GetBent4x4

85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
19,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good looking truck, Blue. How do you like it? Motor? Auto or manual? Looks like a good “get stuff done” truck
Thank you. It was a craigslist find in about 2018, for a whopping 6500 bucks. 5.4L 3v from a late 08 replaced the early 08 5.4L. New VCT solenoids, new plugs and new coil packs. The replacement engine has unknown miles, but is super clean inside. It came from a fatality total of another 08 f350. Guess ive got someone watching out for me and their engine!

ZF6 manual trans, 4.10 gears and a tracklock in the rear axle. Manual windows and locks, but it does have cruise and AC. I added a set of Rancho leveling coils.

Counting the truck, a set of tires, engine work, and a new AC compressor and i still dont have more than $10,000 in it. Its got some dents and crunched areas, but that just adds character.

I have a thread on it, in the Anything Else section, titled something like 08 F350 Adventures.

· Registered
458 Posts
Blue are those ar bajas? They look just like my 15s on my bronco. I plan on running 37x12.50x17 on my bronco with the same axles as what you have in the spring. Do you happen to know what the offset is on yours and the distance between the insides of the sidewalls?

19,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blue are those ar bajas? They look just like my 15s on my bronco. I plan on running 37x12.50x17 on my bronco with the same axles as what you have in the spring. Do you happen to know what the offset is on yours and the distance between the insides of the sidewalls?
I didnt buy them, so im unsure. I think they are the Baja 172 wheel. @Burntoutaccountant could tell you. Idk about backspace on them but they stick out about 2" farther than the factory steel wheels. I can measure the inside distance later.

19,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How loud are they?
KM3's are pretty popular on the Raptor forum and most people say they aren't too loud.
I couldnt hear them at all. Not that they are P sized tire quiet, but i couldnt hear them over my mild exhaust and radio.

I doubt i would spend the extra 100 per tire over the firestones but that may change if they impress me.

19,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My wheels are slightly turned right now, but...

Inner wheel lip to inner wheel lip on front axle is 63". Sidewall to sidewall is 59.5". Backspace looks to be about 5". But that is tough to measure on the truck lol

· Registered
‘95 Bronco XLT 5.0 E4OD, MAF, Pace Setter short tube headers
617 Posts
I’ve had a 2v 5.4 and Ive actually liked it pretty well considering the popular negative opinions on the 5.4 triton. I’ve been told by a mechanic friend that the 2v models were better than the 3 when it comes to the whole spark plug issue, but I’m fully aware it’s all in how you take care of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts