Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive read about the guys asking what tire to use and stuff like that and it ended up with you guys asking "what do you plan on using your truck for?" and thats all fine and all. But the thing is I know what I want to do with it and what I probably will do with it but am not sure on which one to go with.

Alright here we go, Gotta 95 F150 with a 302 and 33's. Going to make the jump to 35sand then get gears in her. I daily drive it, and might go wheeling a couple times a month in strictly mud and dirt. I have a buddy down the street with a set of the ATs used very little before the took them off a few years ago and stuck them in the garage. I could get them for pretty cheap slap them on there and be done. Or should I go out and buy the new KM2s in the same size? Moneys not the problem even though it would be nice to spend a little less on them.

So what do you guys think i should do?

-Cody

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I love my AT's, been running them on all of my trucks. I'm leaning to a set of 35's for the Bronco when it's done myself. I'll be doing mild wheeling but a lot of driving and trail riding so I'll get more use out of the AT's. Don't plan on doing much mudding, instead I'll be doing more snow riding.

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,580 Posts
i mean to be honest, if your playing in mud, the BFG a/t's suck. they're better than 95% of other A/T tires available, but you could get stuck in a puddle if you hit it the wrong way... I had the BFG a/t's (brand new), believe me, they aren't wheeling tires. They are great for sand (they excel here actually, they tend to float a bit), dirt, and street, and even pulled me through a lot of snow, but they slick up in any type of mud other than watery shit. If your playing in mud more than 1-2x a mth, or in thick gummy mud, the km2's are definitely a better option. and I had the BFG A/T's in a 35

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welllll...............I couldnt resist just ordered the KM2s last night. $817.52 for 4 shipped to my door!:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have the KM2s on my Bronco. Aired down they cling to the terrain like glue. Way better traction than I've ever had with A/Ts. Better than Goodyear MT/Rs too. If mud is your thing, you might wanna look at Interco Swampers. Nothing beats Interco tires in mud. KM2s are a great all around tire.

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,580 Posts
Welllll...............I couldnt resist just ordered the KM2s last night. $817.52 for 4 shipped to my door!:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup
good glad to hear you didn't pick up the KO's (BFG a/t's)

and thats a pretty good price. what size did you order and from where?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
35x12.5 R15 from 4wheelparts.com. Used a coupon got online and it took off $40! They have not told me weather or not they have shipped them yet.:cry Is this normal for them or does it just take a while for the tires?

·
Registered
101 Posts
weather or not they have shipped them yet
<<RoooOOO>> Spelling Police ... *whether

I had a set of 33" KM2's on my Jeep, and they were pretty quiet on the street up until about 45mph+. Above that they start to get a typical aggressive tire hum to them. Not bad like some M/T tires, but not quiet like an A/T either. For a mud tire, they were okay on the street, but I never owned them long enough to wear them down. I imagine like most tires they get louder with wear. I don't wheel often enough, and most my miles are on the street so the KO's would be better suited for my use, and old age.:toothless

The KM2's have really flexible sidewalls when aired down and conform well to off-road obstacles, which helps them grip well. They are good in rain too (mine were also machine siped at Discount), and do alright in sand, but will dig easy with too much throttle. In thicker mud they worked pretty good, not a Bogger, but not a KO either. For a "street-friendly" mud terrain they were a good tire, but if you spend 95% of your miles on the highway, you're better off with a less aggressive tire. Since you already bought you'll have to see for yourself, as everyone's tolerance level is different.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeh I got them. But now pictures yet will get some tomorrow. But they are nice and quiet and smooth. Still need to fix my exhaust so I can put the front drive shaft back in to try them out though.:smilie_slap

1 - 13 of 13 Posts