Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wondering how many miles or how the wear is on BFG M/Ts and Pro comp M/Ts. I do minimal offroading, and drive about 16mile to work each day. Maybe i should get A/Ts?

Ill also be driving from CT to Florida in August to go to college.

The size will be 30x9.50x15s

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

these are for my s-10 blazer too. Its the DD over my bronco.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have 35x12.5x15 procomp mts and love them.... except on snow and ice. They wear great, especially for being on a worn out ttb front end. They're not that noisy and have good traction on everything but ice/snow. They do better once they're siped, but still lack in areas where and all terrain excells. Seeing as how you'll be in Florida during the winter, you don't need to worry about the snow, ect...

·
Registered
506 Posts
I am running 35x12.50x15 Xterrians, and I have had no issue with them they do good offroad and good on the streets, I have put over 26k on mine and have gone thru just under half of the tread.

·
that's a lot of oil
775 Posts
I run the procomp MT in 33x12.50 and they've been awesome. Huge difference off-road, and are still very nice on road. I just make sure to check my PSI as often as I can so they run correctly.
They look good too:thumbup

·
Registered
667 Posts
Yeah I Run Pro Comp M/T's As well. Awesome Tire offroad and on road not to bad just a little hum and on turns i can feel like side walls rubbing.. But other than that get them good wear too.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how is the wear on the pro comp M/ts? i think i want those for an aggressive bad ass look but its more of a mall cruiser with the system and chit unlike the bronco thats for play only.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
I have aprox 9505 miles on my set of procomp MTs. They still have a lot of tread left on them. I deffinatly have not been nice to them either. I usually end up smoking them on the trails atleast once everytime I go out.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Ragged_ol_86 said:
My truck should be back on the road soon.
Don't you mean OFF the road? :twak Just playin dude.

A tire that you didn't mention but is even good in the snow and ice is the Truxus MT. It's a radial as well, pretty sure its fully siped, and is pretty much a jack of all trades. The Truxus MT, Pro Comp MT, and BFG MT's are really just "entry level" mud tires in my opinion. They're for us guys that live on the street but don't want to deal with an All Terrain off the pavement.

I'm not seeing a Truxus MT in 30x9.50, but all three have 31x10.5 for comparison. Pro Comp MT - 133, BFG MT - 142, Truxus MT - 116. Unfortunately, when you get up to 35's both of the other two are cheaper. :doh0715:

Just a thought, though in 4 wheeler none of the vendors mentioned a 30x9.50 Truxus MT.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I have the BFG M/T's and have about 5k on them and they are wearing very good. Only been out once with them on a trail and they ate it up. I hear they suck on the rocks though. I guesstimate 40k but I will probably be selling them before i hit 20k because I am going 37's or 38's soon.

EDIT: Just read they are going on your s-10.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ragged_ol_86 said:
Hey kid...Where in CT you from?? Also what school you going to down here? Dont forget to look us FLA boys up for a ride sometime. My truck should be back on the road soon.

im in manchester. Ill be moving out to orlando and attending motorcycle mechanics institute.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Burl Swift said:
Get an All Terrain. Either a BFG or a Dick Cepek FCII.
A buddy of mine has the DC FCII AT's, and those are amazing tires. They work very well in the dirt, and he loves them on-road. I'd second that one, too.

I have Dueler AT's on my tow rig, and those are rockin' tires, too. I got 55K out of the last set, and I liked them so much, I bought them again. I wouldn't recommend a mud tire if the majority of your driving is going to be on-road with only occasional wheeling. You'll be MUCH happier with the AT's.

·
In The Matrix
1,896 Posts
Burl Swift said:
Get an All Terrain. Either a BFG or a Dick Cepek FCII.
I had the BFG AT's, I now have the Pro Comp MT. My next time will probably be a Dick Cepek FCII, due to the fact that I it is my daily driver, it appears to like it would do well once ice/snow, and is fairly agressive for offroading.

I have no complaints about my Pro Comp MT, other than ICE. Snow, anything an inch or more deeper, it works fine in. 33x12.5 @ 75 mph is also smooth as a baby's butt.

·
Pissin' into the wind
2,523 Posts
peteyg said:
A buddy of mine has the DC FCII AT's, and those are amazing tires. They work very well in the dirt, and he loves them on-road. I'd second that one, too.
What vehicle does your buddy have? Do you have any pictures of it off road?

I've pretty much made up my mind that I'll be getting these in the 33" flavor once my rig is running, but I still haven't found any really off road reviews of the tire.

For what I'll be doing I think the DC FCII's are a perfect fit. Dirt hill climbs, mountain trails, sand dunes, snow, and Moab. Plus it will see lots of asphalt.

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
WhiteBronc said:
I am running 35x12.50x15 Xterrians, and I have had no issue with them they do good offroad and good on the streets, I have put over 26k on mine and have gone thru just under half of the tread.

WTF? They should be just about bald with half those miles . . .

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Burl Swift said:
What vehicle does your buddy have? Do you have any pictures of it off road?

I've pretty much made up my mind that I'll be getting these in the 33" flavor once my rig is running, but I still haven't found any really off road reviews of the tire.

For what I'll be doing I think the DC FCII's are a perfect fit. Dirt hill climbs, mountain trails, sand dunes, snow, and Moab. Plus it will see lots of asphalt.
They're on a CJ-7, and he does it all. Rock crawling, sand, etc.

This is the only pic I have that really shows the tires:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts