Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,784 Posts
considering most of us here have 15" wheels, there is a slim chance that anybody on here has tried them. 15" and 16" wheel sizes dont come out until next september, but from what I have read in reviews and other forums, the tires are great.

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
I want the 37X12.50R17/D.:thumbup
For your landcruiser? Anyway, no one here runs them or has shared that they do. As stan said, many are waiting for more rim sizes to become available.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
I thought we were talking about video cards for a second.

:brownbag

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
i just sold a brand new one yesterday, but i never got to drive on it. if i could have afforded it i would have bought three more

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
17" is the new 15". It's become the standard size. If you have the money and are going to be running at least a 35, bump to them.

The reason most people here have not gone up to 17" is money. A 37" MT/R in 15" flavor costs $231; the same tire for a 17" wheel costs $329. Then you have to buy four 17" wheels at $150 (a kinda cheapish price) a pop...you can see why you don't see more people running them.

By all accounts, the new BFG is a solid tire except, ironically, in mud. Most, myself included, wish that they had just upgraded the sidewalls and stuck with the old tread pattern though...

Like Johnski said, what are you gonna be trying to run these on? The Bronco's rear axle won't take it, and I don't know a lot about Toy axles, but I'm fairly certain that they won't hold up to 37s in any way shape or form...

386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nah, I'd want it for the bronco (which I don't have yet). I'm not sure the Lcruiser could handle 37s. I think it would need another inch so it wouldn't rub in the front. But I wouldn't do it anyways, going to get a bronco in about 2 or 3 months. No point in investing where its not needed.

In my opinion, just a little dream of mine ;), would swap a dana 60 and get 17s, do a 6in on it, all for the BFG km2s. Its still up in the air. This truck is going to be a lot out of my personal pocket. I still might get M.Thomphson's Baja Cs. Hmmm...

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,851 Posts
looks smoother on the sides than the old MT's. :shrug

·
Chrome gets me home
2,902 Posts
i didnt like the looks of them when i was in the market...a buddy of mine has them on a duramax 2500 and says theyre not as good as the older M/Ts...and i love my 17s:goodfinge

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
Hmmm. I know this is going to be a slap in the face question, but why not just get bigger rims? I know it gets pricey, but....:scratchhe
Sounds to me like someone who doesn't pay their own bills yet.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I have a set of the new 40's. Ran them for about three days to try them out before the makeover. Ran smooth at 70 and seemed a bit quieter than my Toyo's. Maybe just a different tone. Anyway, they are quite a bit lighter too. Load range c versus e, 70 lbs versus 98 lbs....... Will give more feedback after I get them out on the trail....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts