Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my tranny just could not hold it anymore, its the c6 as far as troubleshooting goes I was thinking of just throwing some barsleak in it and see what happens. as of right now I cant tell where the leak is coming from but will find it by the end of the day. how hard is it to replace the seals on one of these?

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
DeepSeaSnake said:
my tranny just could not hold it anymore, its the c6 as far as troubleshooting goes I was thinking of just throwing some barsleak in it and see what happens. as of right now I cant tell where the leak is coming from but will find it by the end of the day. how hard is it to replace the seals on one of these?
It all depends on what seal, bars leak for a trans? Hell if you're doing that, why not put brake fluid in it?

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
Clean it real good with degreaser and then fire it up and look for the leak... When my buddies did this it was the vacum accumulator or something like that and then it did it again later on and it was the tranny cooler lines....See where it's leaking, those and the pan gasket are the easy know. Maybe you'll get lucky and it's something simple like that....Good luck---Fog

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I did luck out on this one, took a look and it seems the pan gasket is all fawked on one side so this should be an easy one to fix

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
bnkrtstk said:
It all depends on what seal, bars leak for a trans? Hell if you're doing that, why not put brake fluid in it?
:histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko :histerica :wacko

1 - 5 of 5 Posts