Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Big Bear run this weekend - ADDED PICS

I'm trying to get a group together for a run this weekend. Sunday is out for me, but Saturday would be good. Monday is a possibility. There is no particular trail planned, but I would like to hit Cleghorn (which isn't Big Bear) because I've never done it. There will certainly be a "most difficult" trail in the mix. Rear locker is adviseable, but we drag stock rigs through everything in the San Bdno Mtns.

All are welcome! Chime in if your interested.

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,517 Posts
I'll let the new owner of my BKO hump rocks with it....

but until then I'm not planning on anymore trips in it. Next wheeling I do will be in the EB.

·
Registered
189 Posts
If I am up there with the K5, I'd be up for some trails...it looks like we may be getting some snow? Sure it won't be much, but that would be cool...I'm still up in the air as to what I am doing this weekend, but haven't been up to the cabin since summer, would like to go hang out and see some snow if we're lucky.

I'll watch this thread to see what develops...don't think I'd go all the way down the hill to do Cleghorn, but would happily do some in Green Valley/Big bear area!

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kpanza said:
If I am up there with the K5, I'd be up for some trails...it looks like we may be getting some snow? Sure it won't be much, but that would be cool...I'm still up in the air as to what I am doing this weekend, but haven't been up to the cabin since summer, would like to go hang out and see some snow if we're lucky.

I'll watch this thread to see what develops...don't think I'd go all the way down the hill to do Cleghorn, but would happily do some in Green Valley/Big bear area!
Right on! Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope you can make it.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright! There's got to be others that want to hit the trails. Friday, Saturday or Monday are all options. C'mon!

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
peteyg said:
Maybe, maybe...Cleghorn, eh? hmmmmmmm.........
I'm the only Bronco at the moment......the rest will most likely be Jeeps:doh0715: Unless, of course, Keith decides to go. We're going to shoot for Saturday.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hmm, Saturday would be tough for me, I don't think I'm even going up there til Saturday? But don't change any plans for me, as I am still undecided on the whole trip...but if I do go (and I want to) I wouldn't be able to wheel until Sunday or Monday??

I'll keep checking in here...

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, this has been a tough weekend to generate interest. There is one other rig from a local club that should be there. I've decided to just run Holcombe from the Green Valley end. Will plan on leaving from Running Springs between 8:30-9:00am. Should be a short day.....get out between 2:00-3:00pm.

Meeting place will be a gas station in Running Springs.....not familiar enough with the place to say exactly which one. Just look for the White/Silver 96' FSB and a red Jeep called Mongoose. Would be great to see another FSB there, or a K5?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sorry, I'm out also...doesn't look like I will even be making it up to the mountains at all...have fun! Hopefully we will get some snow out of this and get to do some snow wheeling soon!

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
John, of Ridgerunners fame, brought his Jeep and just the two of us headed out. Had a great run through Holcombe. Got some good damage on the pass-rear. Decided to do White Mountain after, but by the time we got to the climbing, the wind was so bad that we had to call it a day.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
PaleRider said:
Yikesbb, You want to meet up? Since we live in the same town?
Wow! You're the first FSB'r I've seen from Yucaipa. Yeah, let's hook up. Do you wheel your rig? If so, let's plan a run. I'll PM my number.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts