Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got approved for X train... Im gonna be a firefighter:twotu: I really really wanted to be an Engineer but they only needed 9 people for the year, so I put down Firefighting that needed 54. My class start date is 7 July 06, and it goes to 12 October.

Anyone who lives near Sheppard AFB in TX????

I wont find out where im getting stationed untill October though.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
81Bronk36 said:
I got approved for X train... Im gonna be a firefighter:twotu: I really really wanted to be an Engineer but they only needed 9 people for the year, so I put down Firefighting that needed 54. My class start date is 7 July 06, and it goes to 12 October.

Anyone who lives near Sheppard AFB in TX????

I wont find out where im getting stationed untill October though.

Congrats on the xtraining...I gotta get my butt in gear and apply for that myself.

Goddamn, I dont miss Sheppard.

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
cool deal. i was approved to be a TI till i fvcked up my knee. now i have to get back into shape so i can figure out what i want to be when i grow up

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Funny U 2 would be the first ones to reply :thumbup OH and Derrick there is a new list coming out too, lucky bastage (well hopefully there is more jobs on the list) Bet mine will be in the next 2 years... everyone and I mean everyone is crosstraining or getting out

My first tech schools were Lackland and Vandenburg:thumbup

Think Sheppard will be better for non pipeline students???

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
81Bronk36 said:
Funny U 2 would be the first ones to reply :thumbup OH and Derrick there is a new list coming out too, lucky bastage (well hopefully there is more jobs on the list) Bet mine will be in the next 2 years... everyone and I mean everyone is crosstraining or getting out

My first tech schools were Lackland and Vandenburg:thumbup

Think Sheppard will be better for non pipeline students???

It's alright. We had some non pipline guys in my class. They stayed in the TDY dorms, which are decent. You still gotta put up with all the crazy tech school kids though. Actually it turned out pretty good for those guys...They ended up moving all the girls that were in the dorms I was staying in, over to the TDY dorms...So you had a handfull of guys, and all kinds of drunk horney chicks staying in the same area. Good times:thumbup

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
derrick36 said:
So you had a handfull of guys, and all kinds of drunk horney chicks staying in the same area. Good times:thumbup
We'll keep this little peice of info away from my wife... wouldnt want her to worry or wonder or:twak me anyway.

·
Banned
6,930 Posts
Hmmmm, they didn't separate xtraining and pipeline students when I was in. And the WAFs were on the other side of Lackland anyway.....:banghead

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
marv said:
Hmmmm, during the Civil War they didn't separate xtraining and pipeline students when I was in. And the WAFs were on the other side of Lackland anyway.....:banghead

Fixed it for ya!:toothless

Congrats man! Glad to hear things are going your way!!

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bronco Rob said:
Fixed it for ya!:toothless

Congrats man! Glad to hear things are going your way!!
I don't even think Texas was a state then:rofl:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Congrats to you. From a guy who has spent way too much time at Sheppard, you'll be alright. It's going to be HOT there during that timeframe, but you'll do alright, being you'll get to drive to class, while your pipeline classmates will have to march. You'll be in billeting while you're there, which isn't bad at all--think Super 8 hotel room + no room inspections + housekeeping. The downfall is that you're not going to be allowed to hang out with the pipeline classmates after school hours, but you're more than likely going to be class leader, unless someone who has more TIG/TIS than you is also in the class. Best advise I can give you is beg/borrow/steal a car while you are there, because things suck real bad at SHeppard during the summer without a car. It's a long way from the better side of town, and unless you want to take the base shuttle there, it's a fairly expsneive cab ride($25).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts