Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I pulled into the park today, I almost shat myself. Creeping down a ledge I seen this huge bronco, I got some pics:

I thought it was too cool, then I seen the rear suspension. It's got two stacked 4" blocks for the rear lift:shocked. Then it got real crazy when the guy locked the hubs in and the front tires started to spin waaay faster than the rear. Looks like the previous owner geared the rear, but left the front stock. Anywho it's a pretty slick truck, I told the guy about this site so don't hammer his ass about the rear blocks, he just bought the truck.

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
Looks familiar..... Might have been at the poker run last year-----IIRC he had a ton of probs with his axles.....Fog

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Foghorn said:
Looks familiar..... Might have been at the poker run last year-----IIRC he had a ton of probs with his axles.....Fog
The guy said he bought it last week in Tulsa for 10k. He wheeled the piss out of it, until we told him his gears didn't match. Nice guy, I'm sure he'll be at this site shortly.:thumbup

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'm surprised I haven't seen that bronc before. I'm sure I would've remembered seeing it around town.

Maybe we can get him to Disney with us in June.

Looks like the PO was making a street queen out of it.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
How much faster? Rocks like that no...but in the mud its actually good to have a difference between front and rear. I'd imagine you're saying the PO left it 3.55 in the front and 4.56 in the rear..which is too much...

Just thought I'd point that out. Still a nice truck. Hope he drops by here.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Cool Bronco

·
Registered
313 Posts
I hope to head up to Gruber when I'm back home. Draper in OKC sucks... of course all I had at the time was my quad.... but it was close to home. Should get the Oklahoma group up to Little Sahara sometime for some 4x4 duning. I plan on getting there more often once I'm back home.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Saurian said:
How much faster? Rocks like that no...but in the mud its actually good to have a difference between front and rear. I'd imagine you're saying the PO left it 3.55 in the front and 4.56 in the rear..which is too much...
I know what your saying, and I agree with you. But I only agree about the different ratios on a full competition mud truck with enoufgh power to get some serious wheel speed, something like 1000+ horsepower.

On anything else you will get farther through the pit if all tires are pulling the same

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
The black headlight covers look pimp! :thumbup (<-thumbup is sarcasim)

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
dogonmut said:
WHAT?

Please explain how that could ever be good.
Mud racers do it, have the front tires spinning faster than the rear tires so they don't dig down and help pull the truck forward in a straight line.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
I like the blackout headlights. After seeing the "blacking out" of the chrome front on these trucks by Ken, I'm thinking about doing the whole blacked out thing possibly...

It keeps the front end outrunning the rear so that it doesn't try to dig. To employ it well you need alot of wheelspin (power) and a good setup (traction) and you pretty much can't use it on anything remotely tractive though (wet concrete, etc).

You don't necessarily need 1000+ hp. I'd say a rig with a healthy smallblock could benefit a bit from using this setup if it were a mud-only rig. My friend Rob owns here in Iowa with his 800+hp 528 F150/ranger combo "monsterbaby". I think he has like 4.3x gears in the front and 4.9x gears in the rear with 35" cut boggers on the front and 39.5" cut boggers in the rear at the moment. Hooks so hard that his front tires are literally off the ground for most of the track, he needs a bigger gear split since these are the same gears he had when he was running the 35 boggers on the rear and 34 swampers up front.

Dogon..if you want me to dig up more technical information for you lemme know. This is definately NOT what you would do with a rig in the rocks.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
It isnt to keep the truck from digging it is to keep the truck in a straight line. On mud drag rigs especially high horsepowerthe ass end will try to come around every time, this lessens the problem by making the front pull the rear. It also makes for better steering response when getting caught by ruts while hitting the mud holes. Exactly like saurian said this is only good for mud and wouldnt be very good in the rocks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts