Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just clicked a shot of our new rig . We got it about a month ago now . Its a 03 Freightliner FL70 , 28' deck , Flatbed . It has become my new home at work , I've been in it from 6am - 7pm everyday . I had a slow day so I got to polish her all up today .

:D

·
College User
2,013 Posts
That truck can go through a lot offroad. The joy of locked diffs. :goodfinge

·
College User
2,013 Posts
For most tow trucks it is 2 dollars a mile. A transport service would be a lot cheaper.

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fits on her but the height is a issue . The next long distance show the tires might come off and run on dohnuts on the bed . As far a long dist tow Bnkrtstk I would look into a transport co. we do long distance all the time but we get 65 for the hook 75 for a flat bed and 3.50 a mile plus any tolls . Check out a local guy they may be able to help ya out with that .

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
BigBad94Bronco said:
Fits on her but the height is a issue . The next long distance show the tires might come off and run on dohnuts on the bed . As far a long dist tow Bnkrtstk I would look into a transport co. we do long distance all the time but we get 65 for the hook 75 for a flat bed and 3.50 a mile plus any tolls . Check out a local guy they may be able to help ya out with that .
Thanks, I was just kicking tires. I am going to drag it home on a dolly with the wife's Expedition. I was just thinking of ways to avoid 10 hours round trip with the kids.

·
0 Posts
nice rig! Man that is one big ass windshield on there.

Very cool!:beer

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
if it were me it woulda been a peterbilt or a mack. im really partial to macks though cause my dad works at a mack dealershipand leasing location. and ya shoulda got a big rig wrecker too! they are fun to play with all the little controls!

wes

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Wes we have a KW 10 wheeler heavy wrecker w/ a 50 ton boom . Also run a 6 wheel Int w/ a 16 ton boom , thats the one my bronco keeps finding its way onto the back of .:banghead

Bnrtstk if your gonna drag it that far make sure you check the rear end greese and pull the drive shaft out this way you don't wipe the trans out .

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
we had a guy bring a peterbilt wrecker that was made to pull 80000 pound tractor-trailers to pull one of our box trucks that is based on a 1 ton f350 chassis, that was interesting to see. he ended up being able to get under the rear axle so he didnt have to pull the axleshafts or driveshaft!

wes

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
BigBad94Bronco said:
Hey Wes we have a KW 10 wheeler heavy wrecker w/ a 50 ton boom . Also run a 6 wheel Int w/ a 16 ton boom , thats the one my bronco keeps finding its way onto the back of .:banghead

Bnrtstk if your gonna drag it that far make sure you check the rear end greese and pull the drive shaft out this way you don't wipe the trans out .

Tools and masking tape (for the U joints) are already in the truck. Thanks for the tip:thumbup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts