Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a doozy of an electrical problem, the following have all quit working and it all happened at the same time.

drivers seat lumbar
map lights
dome light
cargo light
remote mirrors
power door locks

All of the fuses are fine so I'm wondering if there is a central point like a wiring harness connection that has come loose? If anyone can point me in the right direction I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks,
jrrprk

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
I'd have to check my schematics to be absolutely sure, but this rings of a burned fusible link. Check 'em out.

·
Banned
10,777 Posts
Most of those circuits pass thru the L kick panel & under the driver's threshhold. Did you drill or screw thru it lately? Got cab steps mounted there?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, I'll try to track down the fusible links. I have a Haines manual but it is practically useless. I'll eventually find it if this is the problem though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not done any modifications, repair work or add ons this just popped up out of the blue, thanks for the advice though.

·
Banned
10,777 Posts
jrrprk said:
...a Haines manual but it is practically useless.
You either have the wrong one, or you're not taking the time to read it through. Haynes is the best aftermarket manual for our trucks - if you're waiting for a better one, you have a long wait ahead of you.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Fuse "S" (50 amp) in the under hood fuse panel feeds these circuits through the under dash fuse panel.Also ground 201(located behind the left kick panel) is the same ground for all the circuits that aren't working for you.Most of the time,when you have an electical problem that involves numberous circuits not working at the same time or acting funny at the same time,it is usually a bad/poor ground.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dear Steve83,

I respect your opinion but you could not be more wrong about the Haynes manual. I have been working on my Bronco and found it very frustrating when I am trying to follow a procedure and it is not backed up by a picture. I am a halfway decent mechanic but I don't know every single thing about my Bronco and when I run across some I really need the Haynes comes up short and I am on the phone to the local Ford Dealer

Regards,
jrrprk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dear Bronco1,

Thank you for the advice, this seems to be the best I have got so far... (not that all of other has been bad just that I have already tyied the suggestions). I will get right on this and let you know how it turns out

thanks again,
jrrprk

·
Banned
10,777 Posts
Then instead of getting on the phone, just download the 93-94 Truck CD image from here, burn it, install it, & you'll have everything the dealer does. All the instructions & links to the necessary utilities are there.

If you don't have the time or patience, several of us have the discs already, and any of us can burn you a copy. E-mail me if you want me to, but there are a BUNCH of other people with that disc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts