Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently found a guy a work with a 89 Fsb 5.0 all power for $1500. The truck has a detroit and 4:10's out back and 4:11's and an auburn limited slip up front, high perfomance gearbox and a couple other things. Well after talking to the guy for a bit I wrote off ever getting the parts for mytruck. Until the other day he called me and told me that I could have the parts if I put the truck back together with my parts so he can sell it. So basically I am getting lockers and new gears for my truck for free. I was just going to toss the other 3:55 stuff I had so now it has a home. Waht a sweet deal huh? I am exstatic and can't hardly wait to get it done.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
nice deal man. I need to find some people like that around me... damn!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah everytime I think about it I have to pinch myself and make sure I aint dreamin

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah even if I have to replace some parts It will be pretty good.

·
the bruise
1,401 Posts
wow, that is awesome! but you figure the guy wasn't trying to recoop any money off the parts anyways, considering he was selling the truck for $1500. he is giving the parts to someone who is going to use them. he sounds like a really good guy.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well the kicker is I was trying to buy the truck to use as a daily driver. For $1000 Ended up kinda becoming friends with the guy and he just ended up giving me the stuff. I guess becuase he know I will use it for what it was made for.

·
Super Moderator
4,975 Posts
That is an awesome deal. A bit of work, taking both sets off, switching them, and then putting both sets back on, but definitely worth the work!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is an awesome deal. A bit of work, taking both sets off, switching them, and then putting both sets back on, but definitely worth the work!
Yeah that is what I figure It is a hellava lot cheaper than buyin all that stuff and doing it myself. The only thing now is it is up in the air again weather I am getting the parts or not. The guy has a guy that might want to buy the whole truck so I am not sure what will happen. He feels real bad about it. But whatever only time will tell I guess.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts