Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 840 Posts

·
tactical-mike
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys and gals i know all of you have been wanting soft tops for a while now. today one of my friends from one of the bronco vendors called me and told me that this summer their store will be selling sof tops for all fsb models.
he has been working on it for the past 4 months. he said i could finally tell you guys the good news. but he doesnt want everyone calling him at the store just yet so im keeping his store and name on the down low for now. so please dont start calling around because they arent gonna be ready until summer and there will be plenty of them up for grabs. and calling him will only slow down production. he said thank you and be ready to buy come summer time. he will call me right before they are ready so i can tell everyone. :chili::chili:

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
Sounds good.

To help him and those of us wanting one....

1) these will be soft tops only? Not to be confused with a tonneau type rear cover.
2) does he have color choices yet?
3) which design, snap style or the newer track? or neither, something he concocted????
4) price?

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Hey look! Soft tops! :lowblow

:toothless

Can't wait. Definitely wish I could get one for April, but oh well... summer works for me!

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
I would call you a dirty bassterd liar but you have been around FSB way too long to joke about something like this... lookin forward to what they have to offer!!

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
sounds great, i hope it goes through. as long as there reasonably priced, i wont pass up the opportunity for a soft top.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Might be just in time to consume your tax return!

·
tactical-mike
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh God...is it April 1st already.
no, its not april fools day. :goodfinge
we did not discuss price. we only discussed that they have got very close to being finished and that he is shooting for early summer or before. and i do know that there will be more than one color/style selection available.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
FSB group buy?
Probably the only reason I'd buy one. I'm not planning on dropping $600 on a soft top unless it uses the rear window. Even then I'm not sure $600 is worth it to me.

NOTE: I'm NOT saying these will be $600. I'm just saying the price people usually give is around $600 so I'm assuming these will be no different or at least not different in a cheaper way.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
something else to add on down the list after the bronco is together again.

That would be sweet if it used the factory back window

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Probably the only reason I'd buy one. I'm not planning on dropping $600 on a soft top unless it uses the rear window. Even then I'm not sure $600 is worth it to me.

NOTE: I'm NOT saying these will be $600. I'm just saying the price people usually give is around $600 so I'm assuming these will be no different or at least not different in a cheaper way.
i'd pay $600 for one with a zip-up window!
i don't see how a soft top could have the provisions for using the rear window......:shrugit would def. have to be stiff.

·
Registered
409 Posts
My dad always told me "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see." I'm going to go with that advice until I actually see pics of one somebody has purchased and installed. I'm not calling you a liar but there are several threads from just the last 12 months where the imminent release of new tops has been mentioned. Let's hope this one really comes through.
:popc1: :popc1: :popc1:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I would be up for one, otherwise, it's going to be a blue tarp and duct tape for the summer months. Hope it pans out.

·
tactical-mike
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My dad always told me "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see." I'm going to go with that advice until I actually see pics of one somebody has purchased and installed. I'm not calling you a liar but there are several threads from just the last 12 months where the imminent release of new tops has been mentioned. Let's hope this one really comes through.
:popc1: :popc1: :popc1:
your dad sounds smart. and thanks for not calling me a liar because these are not my tops. and one of those you read from the last 12 months was one of my post. and i had good reason to not continue with building any tops.

these are coming from a very reputable company that has been in the bronco business for many years. he simply told me that i could give you guys the heads up on the tops so you could have something to look forward to. he just doesnt want to get bombed with phone calls about them until they are ready.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
wouldn't this guy want some idea of those interested? i can't see why he's going to just bang out a bunch of these and hope for orders.

1 - 20 of 840 Posts