Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the 8.8 Became a hand granade yesterday . Accually it wasn't that bad luckily I decided not to try and drive it when I heard some funky noises last night . The center pin broke into 3 pieces and chewed up the spider gears . Good thing we had a mess of spare parts laying around . I probly should have left the limited in when I put the 44"s on the truck . Well I found out that the truck fits on the flat bed with about 4"s to clear height wise . I guess its time to start working on getting everything I need for my 10.25 swap and D44HD front hubs and knuckles , I have the rear with a limited for it . Just need 5:13's and some new rims .

Also had water in the rear

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The real problem with the 8.8 and tall gears is the stupid center pin has to be shaved down in the middle so that the C clips can be removed .

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not too bad like I said total cost of repair $0.00 . I do plan on a D60 swap when my rear pocket can afford it . If it was a truck that I wheeled hard I would not have built it with the 44 up front , and probably not 44"s either I would have run like 39" boggers .

·
OMG IT RUNS
528 Posts
Did you ever put that Kenne Bell on?

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
That's sweet! It's like those all those shiney Chevy show trucks the mags show, rolling on 44's with 10 bolts :goodfinge

How many chrome shocks do you have? :brownbag

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
I just read a lot of good stuff in Four Wheeler mag about the 8.8
It states that the max tire size at 300 HP is 35".

You excede both!!

i will soon be running 37"s on mine but at like 250 HP (little over stock 351 hp rating) so I should be fine.

But you really, truly need a bigger axle back there even if you dont wheel at all.
Its a good looking show truck, (not necessarily my taste), but either way for safety sake get a bigger axle friend.

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
Beerman said:
I just read a lot of good stuff in Four Wheeler mag about the 8.8
It states that the max tire size at 300 HP is 35".

You excede both!!

i will soon be running 37"s on mine but at like 250 HP (little over stock 351 hp rating) so I should be fine.

But you really, truly need a bigger axle back there even if you dont wheel at all.
Its a good looking show truck, (not necessarily my taste), but either way for safety sake get a bigger axle friend.
all that stuff is BS
its based on vehicle weight, and how you drive. that is the key factor if parts break.

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Until your idiotic opinion is posted on Dana's web site you can blow it out your ass!

How about for once you have a post that either isnt bragging about how you are a back country unemployed, sister farcking, D60 collector.
Or
A little data from a reputable web site, book, zine, or author.

I swear swamp trash like you need to die.

and yes you are on my [email protected] ignore list.

One day you are going to spout that retarded mouth of yours and its going to get fu cking owned by someone who really has a dick you spineless piece of sh!t.

44's on a 8.8 is a total moron proof answer when provided with the data i posted.

How in the hell did you learn how to work on a truck truck without knowing how to read?..........Oh wait we already know that answer now dont we.

You know everyone can get on here and blast me for saying this, but to be totally honest most people here I have talked to want you out of here. You do nothing but insult people, and never provide any data.
Take your sorry ass to a Suzuki forum retard.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
BadassBronco said:
its based on vehicle weight, and how you drive. that is the key factor if parts break.
i hate to say it but :stupid

think about it:
in a 1/2 ton truck with a 351 you get at the most an 8.8
in a 3/4 ton truck with a 351 you get at least a 10.25 SF

thats also why an 8.8 can do fine on a jeep with 37s, but not nearly as durable as a Bronco on 37s

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
beerman, you have issues.
are you going to tell me a d44 rear, 30 spline shafts will live better under a 2,500LB total wieght of a truck(including drivetrain, aand tires) than it would under a 7,000lb truck?

when your on a steep uphill, or climbing a steep ledge, and it boucnes on that rear axlee. you will have atleast a 75% weight transfer to that rear axle(thats what i call steep)
is 2,500lbs with a 37" tire gonna do as much damage as a 7,00lb truck on 37's on that same axle?
why do you think jeeps, zuk, and other light rigs can get away with smaller axles? the lower HP helps to, but HP is not really a factor crawling. how many times is your foot mashed on the floor rock crawling unless you are trying to make a real slick ledge? its only down for a little bit also if at all.
i rockcrawl at idle, and not much over........ HP really isnt playing a factor.

as i am trying to explain, how the rig is driven(sinny pedal plays a part here) and the wieght of the rig combined with the big tire for leverage is a key factor.

my zuk could have a LSI 350 in it, but it still wouuldnt break stock Zuk axles if you where aware of what it took to break the axle. if you you where easy on the gas, it wouldnt hurt a thing. shure, the 350 may be pointless, but thats still high HP, but it wont break stuff in that situation

of course opposite of that. i could break that 8.8 with my bronco on 33's and 200hp. if i was stupid with the skinny pedal it would give out.

try thinking stuff out before you assume something you read is fact.

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok boys lets play nice .

I already have the 12.25 rear for my bronco just need some spare cash to get the rest of the parts together . It will be in before the spring time comes . Then atleast it will be a 3/4 ton truck .
And no as$hole I don't have any chrome shocks .

As far as the KB blower goes I have not been able to sell my speedboat , and I don't want to charge $3,400 and pay intrest on it . Hopefully the boat will sell as soon as the spring comes and I will be able to get it all together .

1 - 20 of 62 Posts