Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
6,624 Posts
I just read a lot of good stuff in Four Wheeler mag about the 8.8
It states that the max tire size at 300 HP is 35".

You excede both!!

i will soon be running 37"s on mine but at like 250 HP (little over stock 351 hp rating) so I should be fine.

But you really, truly need a bigger axle back there even if you dont wheel at all.
Its a good looking show truck, (not necessarily my taste), but either way for safety sake get a bigger axle friend.

· Registered
6,624 Posts
Until your idiotic opinion is posted on Dana's web site you can blow it out your ass!

How about for once you have a post that either isnt bragging about how you are a back country unemployed, sister farcking, D60 collector.
Or
A little data from a reputable web site, book, zine, or author.

I swear swamp trash like you need to die.

and yes you are on my [email protected] ignore list.

One day you are going to spout that retarded mouth of yours and its going to get fu cking owned by someone who really has a dick you spineless piece of sh!t.

44's on a 8.8 is a total moron proof answer when provided with the data i posted.

How in the hell did you learn how to work on a truck truck without knowing how to read?..........Oh wait we already know that answer now dont we.

You know everyone can get on here and blast me for saying this, but to be totally honest most people here I have talked to want you out of here. You do nothing but insult people, and never provide any data.
Take your sorry ass to a Suzuki forum retard.

· Registered
6,624 Posts
About the Chrome shock comment, Keith is just playing with ya, he is a cool guy and is just trying to add fun to the topic.

About Zach now that guy is just useless, this will be the last comment or anything I say about him at all.

But again if I ever see him in person I will really let him know how I feel about his attitude toward other fellow Bronco owners who actually still drive their rigs, and wheel them off-road.

We are all supposed to be a team, and this guy is the one that goes around stealing other guys jock straps out of their lockers.
He reminds me of the scummy white trash ass-hole on Billy Madison that goes around shouting

"Adoyle rules"

Well in my best Adam Sandler voice:
"Adoyle, I have a feeling that someday your whole family is going down".

· Registered
6,624 Posts
Another piece of data in favor of the 8.8 that I read from an "acredited" source.

Stout housing, feature the same pinion diameter as a Dana 60, easily obtainable.

But you know who will probably say that is BS also.

:twak

· Registered
6,624 Posts
The thing is that Keith has been around a long time and doesnt have a past of being rude to people. Keith and I have been in disagreements in teh past about stuff, but he never got to the point where he flat out told me that what i said is BS.
Especially if I have researched the data from credible resources.
Keith will flat out give you an answer but always combats it with. "Thats just my opinion, or this is how it is as written in, or according to the guys that I rool with and what I have seen, etc.

I have never seen or been in an experience with Keith where he was flat out being rude and spouting off an opinion that has nothing to do with the topic.

Zach. Since the days back in MBB he has had plenty of problems with many, many people.
Many people have made their comments, and many people have discussed with me "offline" how they feel about him, and he they think he is a dick, etc. I will not say any names because that wouldnt be fair.
If they want to come forward then so be it.

But plenty of other people that have real world experience have brought up stuff in the past and Zach just slams them.
I just think I am the first real person with the balls to say it how it is.
If I had the axles he did I would make a fair deal with by brothers here on the board to improve and for the entire "betterment" of Full size broncos.
Just think of how many posts he started where he was just trying to brag about all the axles he has. It was pissing off more people than you think.

I wont take away from him the knowledge that he does have, but if he has a disagreement with someone he needs data, links, web pages, url's etc. to compliment them.

This is just my opinion, and like I said I have the balls to call a guy out whether its here, in a bar, or on the god damn forum.
People who know the real me know that I would take a bullet for them, and that when i speak i dont BS. When someone insults me I have the balls to step up and play. I have never backed down from anything and never will.
I have argued with many other people who have twice the knowledge he will ever have.
I have argued with people like Keith, Dave, Don, Damon, and so on and they have made so many more contributions and offered advise to better the Bronco world than most people PERIOD.
If I was ever found wrong I admitted it. Ask Dave, or Damon, or Keith and I am sure that they will tell you that I either PM'd them or made a post that publicly apologized for the ignorance or when I was out of line. But in this case, for this scum bag, no [email protected] way.
I have turned my cheek for almost three years now. He can kiss my ass from here on out.

· Registered
6,624 Posts
SO ten dollar piece of steel cant reinfore the axle????

Seems to me everytime I flip open an issue of any mag some guy hs welded or reinforced his axles, whether or not it was an 8.8, 10.25, 9", etc.
It is a cheap and easy way to add a lot of structure and beef to an already installed axle.
Match that with a skid plate that has been welded to the bridge of teh reinforcement and the bangs or other stress is spread out almost evenly onto the whole axle.
Ok, that takes care of the housing, how about the internals.
Not to many people running an open diff and 35's or 37 have broken them so frequently that it was a BIG problem.
Replacement or custom shafts are cheap as shit and are not even as hard to replace as many other axles.

OK, so the arguement there is that you have to open the diff and remove teh c-clip. That is why you should carry zip locl freezer bags in your tool box. You collect the diff fluid in a clean bag and once the axle shaft has been repaired, and or replaced put the diff cover back on, and then funnel the gear lube back in teh hole.
Done. Not the funnest of all trail breaks, but certainly not the hardest.

· Registered
6,624 Posts
I also feel that it would be easier than lets say an axle u-joint on the ttb that so many people have.

Imagine having to remove that stupid spindle everytime?

I dont know how BoulderBronco does it? JK:goodfinge :beer

· Registered
6,624 Posts
I cant, my diff prefers paper not plastic.
I still cant figure out how to hold 5 pints of diff lube in a paper lunch bag :confused:

Oh and BTW Damager, I wonder why that "ONE" line on your auto sig is there?

Now that I think about it I must be off topic with my previous posts......:banghead :wacko :deal
Whatever...

· Registered
6,624 Posts
jopes said:
8.8's suck arse

rear d60s are weaker than a nine.

man up and get a 14 bolt you panzi's. :goodfinge
OOOHHH, so you did end up buying that one for me. Thanks Don.

Are you still working on how that 14 bolt you bought me is going to work with my speedo, and tranni sensor crap? :goodfinge

· Registered
6,624 Posts
Wouldnt that have been avoided with some simple reinforcement?
I think maybe a 1" bridge would have made teh difference there.

So the bad side would be that the person would lose 1" of ground clearence.

Thanks for sharin though sweetheart :goodfinge :goodfinge

· Registered
6,624 Posts
jopes said:
works fine under my 78 :goodfinge

you and all your electronic BS needs to go. Way too many wires to play with.
I wish i could say your wrong bud. :brownbag

· Registered
6,624 Posts
I know I could be wrong but here is what i am thinking.

I dont have the axle right in front of me so please bare with me a little.

I was thinking that you would take some half inch thick steel something really strong.
(I would leave that up to the welder what kind of metal, but something damn strong.)
then sorta cut out a template from the end of the axle (allowing enough room for the wheel of course) and then following it along to the diff then cut it down to about a half inch until you get to the other side of the diff. Theh of course match it up to the end of the other side of the axle.
Once you have your template made out of cardboard, then trace it onto the sheet of 1/2 inch steel.
Then take a plasma cutter and cut out your trace.
You basicly create a long bridge that is welded to the housing of the axle, welded long way so you have the strength. From left to right all the way, in one piece.
Make a solid bead on both sides of the bridge.
Then around where the shock mounts are on each side you would run a steel reinforcement over the top and run a bridge over the top of the housing and pumkin as well. Left to right.

It is really hard to explain with out using Autocad or something but hopefully someday I will put my hypothisys to the test.

I will make something on MS Paint tomorrow and see what you metal guys think.

Using basic physics if you hit a rock, or other hard object instead of that portion of the axle taking 100% of the stress, the stress would be distributed evenly across the entire bridge, thus eliminating the possibility of a single 2, 3, 4 or even 6 inch piece of steel axle housing bending on you.

I think it would have to be created equal on top as well as on bottom, or teh physics may not work as formulated.
Like I said before you would lose an inch of ground clearance on the tube, and a half inch under the pumpkin.

If you can find (or are) a master welder you may be able to create a bolt down lip onto the diff cover for both top and bottom.
This would create an awesome skid plate that would not go anywhere unless the welds failed on the bridge.
You would have two extra bolts holding the diff cover onto the diff as well. 1 on top, and 1 on bottom.
When you need to remove the diff cover, you would remove all the bolts and then grab the cover from the left and right side and pull it past the bridge bolt housing structure things and straight out. Kind of in a groove, so that when you put the cover back on, it would align back in the groove, then the diff cover would have something to rest on while you are rebolting it back on.

Get it?

Done.

I think it would be cheaper than swapping to another axle, but would create a really sturdy housing and diff structure.

If only you guys could see the image in my head.

We really need to work out the whole Matrix idea like on the movie.

· Registered
6,624 Posts
Thank you, thats what i was hoping to hear from you.

Do you see in your mind what I am thinking?

UUUhhhh, not that other stuff, the stuff about the axle

UUUUHHHH ya that stuff:goodfinge

· Registered
6,624 Posts
Kinda reminds me of when Adam Sandler spelled COUCH on Billy Madison

C, O, U, C, H. Couch.

"Yes, that right Billy you passed the third grade".

Billy turns putts his arms in teh air and yells

"I am the smartest man alive".

· Registered
6,624 Posts
Don, i really do it simply for the debate of it.
I dont think it w3ould be any fun if everyone agreed that the axle was POS and that was that.
I honestly know and feel that the 14 bolt is the best "practicle" rear axle for what we all do. (Its no mog or rockwell but certainly isnt practicle now is it) I like 10.25 as well. If I went 1 ton that is really my only option.

I just try to understand the flaws, and improve them.
After my upcoming project I might just autocad a design to do exactly what I am thinking about, and possibly have it cut out and built just for testing purposes.
I think if it works then a lot of people who either do not have the funds, nor the availability of a 14 bolt, or 10.25 have an option to make what is theres a lot better.
Just remember that 8.8's are a dime a dozen in the pick and pull yards, where as 1 ton axles are mighty pricy.

I think when Scott completed his 10.25 swap he spent around $2000.00 and I think he is still running 35's or 36's (IIRC)
I think that for a lot less than even $200.00 you could achieve a strong axle and run 37's (not that 10.25's couldnt) and the only weak point would be the c-clips.
Just an idea thats all. All my posts are just in good clean fun debate.

· Registered
6,624 Posts
With all the other fab work involved, gears, bearings, etc. it came to 2k total. Not just 2 k for the axle.

Andy, you have to remember that us newer folks cant use the 14 bolt.

· Registered
6,624 Posts
Touch'e

So how long do you think a guy can get away rolling a 37 inch tire on a non-locked open 8.8?
I am certainly no throttle junkie, but i dont always do heavy rock crawling either?

I will probably still "try" and use the 8.8 as long as I can just to say i did, but i think you are right. I am most likely avoiding the inevitable...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.