Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· negative creep
7,507 Posts
BadassBronco said:
its based on vehicle weight, and how you drive. that is the key factor if parts break.
i hate to say it but :stupid

think about it:
in a 1/2 ton truck with a 351 you get at the most an 8.8
in a 3/4 ton truck with a 351 you get at least a 10.25 SF

thats also why an 8.8 can do fine on a jeep with 37s, but not nearly as durable as a Bronco on 37s

· negative creep
7,507 Posts
Beerman said:
I just try to understand the flaws, and improve them.
After my upcoming project I might just autocad a design to do exactly what I am thinking about, and possibly have it cut out and built just for testing purposes.
I think if it works then a lot of people who either do not have the funds, nor the availability of a 14 bolt, or 10.25 have an option to make what is theres a lot better.
Just remember that 8.8's are a dime a dozen in the pick and pull yards, where as 1 ton axles are mighty pricy.
thats sounds like a lot of work. you would either have to pay someone some serious $$$$ or buy the tools (even more $$$$) to make an axle that still has c clips and still isn't as strong as a $200 junkyard 14 bolt, and has parts that are way more expensive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.