Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, never thought the day would finally come that I get to start a sas on here. So far, bought an 85 in august 2010, great condition for the truck, 351 carb, c6, 9", power everything. Paid 1K for it, ended up not liking the carb and 3 speed for everyday use. Ended up selling it about a month ago for $2300.:rockon Found a 1995 Eddie bauer, white and gold, leather interior, 351, e4od, motor is out of a 97 f150 with 50K. Needs a drivers seat (any ideas where to get one), front bearings and brakes (not gonna replace since doing sas).

Stole the truck for $1600, pretty good since they were asking $2800 :goodfinge

Parts list so far:

1976 F150 Dana 44, disk brakes, high pinion, weld on wedges
rancho 4" lift springs for the same truck
completely rebuilt front axle, no gears yet
front oem style brake hose/lines with center drop (may change to outer extended lines) pro/cons?
rear blocks for now :banghead
rancho 5000 shocks

Need:
Steering parts...update 10/1/11 have the steering parts, f350 draglink and 79 tierods)
panhard bar
center drop
bushings 7* most likely

Questions:

Using stock coil buckets, looking around 6" or lift as I recall?

Any pros/cons for center drop brake hose over stock bronco style?

Thanks, will upload some pics here within the next couple days.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Pretty sure starting in 97 with half tons they went with the 4.6 and 5.4 except for 3/4tons they still used same motors and body style so either I'm wrong or that motor didn't come out of a 97 or it didn't come out of a 97 half ton especially since your 95 was obd1 and 96+ is obd2. And you have a less desireable front end.... low pinion.. cast in wedges...
But could be typos from you and everything you have is perfect....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pretty sure starting in 97 with half tons they went with the 4.6 and 5.4 except for 3/4tons they still used same motors and body style so either I'm wrong or that motor didn't come out of a 97 or it didn't come out of a 97 half ton especially since your 95 was obd1 and 96+ is obd2. And you have a less desireable front end.... low pinion.. cast in wedges...
But could be typos from you and everything you have is perfect....
Actually, the 5.8 was made until the model year 97 (late 96), some early expeditions and f150's had them. And the front axle I have is actually a little more desirable than the 78/79 bronco fronts, it has the weld on wedges, not cast outer axle end, and is still the highpinion..

Thanks though

·
has one helluva
441 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts